Saturday, April 14, 2007

Randomized...and the Pizza Princesses

Last week, two new blog friends (whom I really enjoy!) asked some random questions and I agreed to, well, randomly answer them. Before I knew what they would be! How scary!
I'm doing Susan's first...and Linda, I promise to answer yours next! So...here goes...


1. What's your worst pet peeve?
(Do you mean, my worst peeve about my pet? Because at the moment, I could go on and on...) OK, seriously...
I think it would be people who are just plain rude or condescending to others.


2. What are five things you would do if "money were no object"?
(This list contains a lot of selfish things...because I'm dreaming here...)

1) Have a vacation home somewhere...probably Maui.
2) Own our "regular" home somewhere in the country...horses, lambs...and a cow named Daisy. (Hey, it's always been a dream, OK?)
3) Have a personal gym in our country home, complete with trainer and a personal masseuse, who come by three times a week. (Any more, and I would just be too spoiled...)
4) In all honesty, be able to freely give unreservedly to Christian ministries that work to spread the Gospel as well as feed the hungry.
5) Hire a professional dog trainer so that our six month old lab would lie around contently by the fire and bring us our slippers instead of just chewing them up.

3. If you could be an inanimate object, what would you be and why?
Oh, this is a tough one! Maybe a hot air balloon...now, if you had to be inanimate, flying up there above the scenery would be a lot of fun!

4. OK, fess up, some people have eaten crayons or tasted glue. What's the strangest thing you've ever taste-tested? Where were you and why did you do it?
I really have to fess up? Well, I was about six years old and our dog had recently had a litter of puppies. I was amazed that the puppies didn't have to eat puppy chow yet but got their milk from their mama. Hmmm...milk? Really? Could you milk a dog just like you do a cow?
Let's just say, you can only get a few drops of milk into a glass from a mama dog...

5. If you were standing before all of your friends and family and they asked you to summarize yourself in one to two songs, what would you sing and why?
Oh, this was the toughest of them all!
Maybe that old Bobby Darin song, "Beyond the Sea". I have always loved that song growing up...and then when my new husband was on deployment "out to sea" I loved it even more!

OK...who wants to brave and let me "randomize" you? I promise not to ask anything too, too personal...and spare you the humiliating milking dog stories...

*****************************************************************

In other news, my little baby is about to turn five this week. FIVE!
Yesterday, after church, she had a little birthday party with her friends (a few days early) at a pizza place (where there's a big play area galore with slides, tunnels and a mini-ferris wheel!)
















They had a wonderful time!

But after frolicking through a pit of balls, by the end of the party, we saw quite a few disheveled princesses!
But whoever said royalty can't have fun!

24 comments:

Momma Roar said...

I just love the title first of all! That was so fun to read - I'm still laughing about the cow named Daisy!!

My oldest will turn 5 in two months...where does that time go?

ruth said...

You milked our mama dog? That's one I didn't know about & to think I'm just finding out about it now!I'm glad our little Princess had fun at her party. It is hard to believe she is turning 5.

Tammy said...

Mom, you just don't remember...but you knew! I remember you hurrying out of the kitchen trying not to laugh when I told you what was in the glass of milk...:)

Michelle said...

Great answers! One of my pet peeves is rude people too.

What fun to have a 5 yr old princess in the house!

Anonymous said...

A Princess Party! How fun. And you are brave to be "randomized". I am going to read a few more before I volunteer. Milking the dog did it for me :)

Henny Penny said...

I love that your mom called you on the mama dog milk! ROFL

Happy Birthday to the Princess! Sounds like she had a wonderful party.

Linda said...

Great job Tammy!! I agree with almost everything except I would hire a cook - so fast it would make your head spin.
Happy Birthday to your little princess. There seem to be a lot of them running around out there. My granddaughter thinks she's a princess too - and she is - they both are.

Robin Green said...

Those are wonderful, fun answers! I love the pictures of your daughter--she's precious. Lisa is why I am blogging too. I didn't even know blogging existed until she talked about Sarah! She was so sweet in real life--and I really enjoyed watching her during praise and worship--I was sitting very close by! I know who Evie is--that's pretty cool!

Looney Mom™ said...

Ha ha! LOL on #4 - and I love #2.

And your baby is the cutest! They grow up WAY to fast don't they? So sad...

Carole Burant said...

I'm trying to get that "milking the mama dog" part outta my mind! LOL Oh Tammy! hehe I so enjoyed all your answers:-) What a fun birthday party your little one had...seems so long ago since mine were 5!! xoxo

groovyoldlady said...

So what happens when a masseuse gets his hands on a hot air balloon?

groovyoldlady said...

PS. Randomize me. I can take it.

Susanne said...

First and most important: Happy Birthday to your cutie pie!

I really love your money no object dreams. The milk things sounds like something a curious 6 year old would do. Does your mom know you did that? :v)

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

The dog milk is a hoot.

Happy Birthday to your little girl!

Dawn said...

So litle Care Bear will be big 5 in August. Unbelievable! And Feisty will be 3 next month. That one really gets me. They both love princesses, too. And Dora, of course. Today Feisty was talking to me about the Eiffel Tower (I have a small one given to me by a missionary from France). I asked her how in the world she knows about the Eiffel Tower - Dora! They learn so much and don't forget anything, it seems.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL! You milked the dog?! How funny! Loved your hot air balloon answer!

So glad the party was so much fun. What a pretty little girl!

gail@more than a song said...

Such cute pictures! Happy birthday to your little one.

I like all your ideas on the money no object thing, fun!

Susie said...

Tammy,
So you really milked a dog?? Too funny!! Loved all the princess pictures. Looks like a terrific party. My youngest granddaughter will soon be 5 also..
You can randomize me if you wish!!
hugs!!

Sheila said...

Good answers..!
I never know what to say to those things until after I post, then the good stuff occurs to me..!
Happy Birthday to your Princess. I hope she has a really specail day..xxx
(The 2 yrs old was my mother)

Karen said...

I want a cow named Daisy, too!!!!
And a horse, and a chicken coop with chickens, and a farm, etc. Oh my, I guess that's why I don't have that "Money is no object" kind of money.
These babies of ours grow up wayyy too fast!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

She's so sweet, and looks like you!

Susan said...

GREAT answers...and congrats to your little one! I love the story about the milk...toooo funny.

Have a GREAT week.

Hugs.

:-) Susan

Christie Belle said...

That was a fun read, I was rolling with the mama dog story! I enjoyed getting to know more about you. It looks like your daughter had a blast at her pizza party. Happy birthday to her:)

Anonymous said...

ok the milk thing is kind of gross. i enjoyed that list though...