I decided that since my dream island, Maui, turned sour on me last fall by shaking me up with earthquakes, drenching me in rain and burning me with it's rays...I'd just snub it for awhile and move on to a different island. Such as the one pictured above...Tahiti.Not that I know anything about Tahiti. It just sounds exotic. Less commercial than my fickle friend, Maui...and not even one of our fifty states. Now that's exotic!
My husband also had wanted to visit there until a friend from work said it has a "bad" side. But then again...sadly, I can drive through our suburbs and find a raunchy section if I really try.
So, there. I've officially put in on my dream list.
No- we're not actually going. Not now, anyway. (Did I have you going there for a moment?)
We have no money to go waltzing off to Tahiti so soon after visiting Hawaii.. but dreaming doesn't cost very much, right?
I know...probably a fleeting fancy and I'm just trying to make Maui jealous or something...
Speaking of bad Hawaiian vacations (which I never previously knew could be put in the same sentence) I just started one of the books on my Spring reading list..."Stranded in Paradise"by Lori Copeland.
I cannot tell you how cathartic this has been so far. This poor heroine has had it even worse...not by much, but, she definitely wins the Dream Vacation Disaster Award. Except...I have a feeling by the time this story has ended, she will have found her true love.
So that pretty much nixes the whole bad time right there...
And a completely unrelated topic...
Before I go, Susanne tagged me for "Show us your handbags". Well...mine is more of a shoulder bag. I bought it last fall and it is so nice and roomy. Or...perhaps too roomy.
I'd take a picture of the inside, but I'm afraid to even look in there myself.
Sometimes, leftover granola bars from the kids find their way to the bottom of my bag...a baggie of crayons for "emergency drawing" (you moms will understand)...maybe a few store receipts from last October. I'm just not sure anymore. I think it's akin to the Black Hole.

But it's classier than the diaper bag I used everywhere about three years ago, don't you think?
If you're reading this and want to play "bag tag", then consider yourself tagged and let me know.
Meanwhile, forgive me for being so behind in blog reading...I hope to catch up this weekend!
Blessings!








13 comments:
The black hole? LMBO
That's the perfect way to describe a woman's purse! You can find anything in there! Remember Let's Make a Deal when Monty Hall would ask people for bizarre things? Never failed, there was a woman that just happened to have it in her bag! LOL
Tahiti? Hmm...
LOL! "The black hole". That is funny! But I love your bag. I tried to go with those little purses once. It drove me nuts, because invariably I'd need something I left at home or in the car because it didn't fit in the purse. Give me your "black hole" style anyday!
The color of that water in Tahiti reminds me of the water near the beach cottage where I'm "going for a month" LOL!!
I am continually searching for just the right size purse. (too small and I have to leave "stuff" home, and too big, and I get an aching shoulder or back)
Enjoy your weekend!!
xo
Yeah, you had me going. I thought you were going to tell us you were going to Tahiti and I was getting all ready to want to go, too. The picture is very enticing!
Love your bag. :o)
I thought you had Tahiti in your plans too. I'm sorry about the Hawiian vacation. I must have missed that one.
Your purse looks like the perfect size. I can never manage with one of the little, cute ones. I remember well how happy I was the day I no longer had to haul a diaper bag around with me. It felt like such freedom!
Have a great weekend.
One of my favorite funny old movies is called the "Tuttles Of Tahiti" I'll have to check all my old Videos to see if I perchance have it on tape. It starred Charles Laughton, who was part of this crazy exotic family, a black & white film & made in the 40s I think, so I'm sure presented a different picture of what Tahiti is like now. Loved the beautiful picture & your Black Hole purse.
Well, Tammy, it looks like I missed a whole lot over here this week. I love the "black hole"...I have one of those too.
And the Partridge Family below...well....I loved them. I can't imagine what I'd do if someone I knew happened by my blog. That is so cool.
I've missed visiting. I should be on a more regular routine this week.
Hugs.
:-) Susan
Nice purse--finally someone that carries black!!! Tahiti, huh? After our Hawaii trip, I don't know if I'll ever get my honey to another tropical island--he wasn't a fan. I was--I'll go with you.
Oh, the inside is much more fun, Tammy! Comeon'!
I'm sure mine has 3 half-finished water bottles, a few snot-rags, and many aluminum foil gum wrappers.
Probably a couple weeks worth of Church programs too. :)
nice looking bag. I need a new purse -- all of mine look worse for wear.
I have two hawaii horror stories.
Mine #1 we flew on Saturday. Got a telephone call that hubby's dad had heart attack. Caught first plane available home.
friends #2. Was in Hawaii on Sept 11, 2001. Couldn't get home. Ran out of money
I carry a ratty little black and tan canvas backpack. It leaves my hands free to hold the girlies' hands when we shop and it's easier on my shoulders.
Unfortunately the effect is not terribly stunning when I wear it with my dress-up outfits.
I'm trying to take comfort in the fact that you went to Maui in the fall - Mandy and Aaron are going there on their honeymoon, the last week of June. Surely they will experience "paradise" and not some of the thrills you experienced. LOL
I'd like to climb right into that picture of Tahiti.
Post a Comment