
I didn't want to leave you all shivering in the snow at my last post. So...from mountain snow on Monday, we go to our Thursday and Friday Springtime adventures...
Thursday:
Our home school group went to one of my favorite places- Champoeg Park...a historic area where the first farmland in Oregon was established. They were having a field trip where the first and second graders learned about the history of this area, and how pioneers, farmers and Native Americans lived in the mid-19th century. Here is a picture I took there yesterday...
We visited with my mom, too. The girls giggled with pure joy as the breeze blew down cherry blossoms in her backyard...
Friday:Our same home school group had an Easter party this morning! I was on the planning committee, and we mommies were plenty tuckered by the time we were all through! But it was fun, too...I was one of egg-hiders! And let me tell you...we had a lot of eggs to hide! 400 of them!


The weather climbed up to a balmy 78 degrees today! Yes, it did! I feel like, in the course of this short week, our family's gone from visiting the Arctic Circle to the Hawaiian islands! Today, is an absolute beautiful Spring day...if I wasn't so exhausted, I'd want to wax poetic. But as it is, I just feel like I need a nap!But I can't...the girls are now playing in the sprinkler, and really, I have to admit...it's just too beautiful out to sleep!
One final note:
This has been one of my busiest weeks ever. In fact, this whole calendar month is covered with writing and plans...from my littlest girl's upcoming birthday party- my anniversary- wedding showers...to a million and one other things vying for my attention.
But as I come into this weekend, I don't want to lose sight of what Easter really means. Last year, I attended the most moving Passion Play that I have ever witnessed. God so touched me during this portrayal of his birth, life, death and Resurrection. Something about a scene where Jesus welcomed the children and even played Hide and Seek with them for a moment, touched a part of my heart in a way I can't fully explain.

Although I know it might not be quite the same, we bought the DVD of that service and I plan on watching it tomorrow evening with my family.
I plan on making myself stop for a moment before Easter Sunday to reflect on Him and the incredible love He lavished on each of us.
A Blessed Easter Weekend to all of you!








26 comments:
I would love to watch that DVD of the Passion play sometime. I enjoyed the girls having fun in my backyard. When your littlest was here by herself, she had fun finding the dandelions which had gone to seed & blowing on them. So what if Nammy has a few more not especially wanted dandelions in her back yard. I can remember doing the same thing as a child & it was so much fun.
Your little ones skipping along on their egg hunt and catching cherry blossoms are so endearing!
Easter Blessings to you and yours dear Tammy!
((hugs))
Happy Easter to you too, Tammy!
I would love to take a morning walk down that road toward the barn every morning.
I love the pictures of the children in their sweet little dresses, too.
Enjoy your week-end!
Happy Easter!!! What wonderful photos you posted. I needed to see a little spring. We have close to 12 inches of snow here. It looks more like Christmas than Easter. Have a blessed Easter weekend :)
Oh, that play sounds wonderful. The pictures on this post just remind me of all the things I love about spring! Too bad it's dropped to highs only in the low 50's here:( It's supposed to be 28 degrees Easter morning!!!
It looks like you had a fun filled field trip. And I'm sure you'll be so touched by the DVD version of the play. The idea of Jesus playing hide and seek with the children touches my heart and I haven't even seen it! Happy Easter, Tammy!
Oh that farm looks like it could be a little piece of Heaven! What a beautiful day that must have been.
A blessed Easter to you, too.
Gorgeous photos! I always love your outing pictures.
Happy Easter!
Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter:)
Oh, I love the pictures you've shared in this post.
Happy Easter to you and your family!
sounds like you've been busy, but in a good way! Happy Easter!
What a GREAT memorable week. These photos are gorgeous. I pray you have a very blessed and restful Easter.
Hugs!!
:-) Susan
Hi Tammy. It's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for visiting my site and answering the question on my blog (sticky note). It's always a treat to meet new and interesting people.
I enjoyed reading your most recent post. I've never seen cherry blossoms up close before. They look so breathtaking in photos and film, so I'm sure they look twice as better in real life.
Sounds like a wonderful Easter Egg Hunt. 400 eggs? Wow, that's amazing.
Have a blessed Easter with people close to your heart. God bless.
Hope to see you again.
I love that first picture. Oregon is one of the prettiest states. The south is home for me, but I did love my time in the Pacifice Northwest. It looks like the kids had a wonderful time with their egg hunt, and it sounds like mommy is plumb tuckered out! Hope you get some rest and have a happy Easter. Hallelujah, He is Risen!
Can I have your life?
What a beautiful photo of the path to the barn. Nice shot! I like the watercolor (?) at the top of your post too. Have a blessed Easter Tammy! Hugs, e-Mom
Your photos are lovely, and the children appear to really enjoy their visit to Grandma. The field trip reminds me of the ones I would go on with my (now grown) children. Thank you for visiting me..x
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Looks like you all had a wonderful time...Thanks for stopping by my blog..I can promise you my return visit has been much more the blessing!
I'll be back!! :))
Lisa
We had our Good Friday service last night and Pastor played the crucifixion from The Passion by Mel Gibson. I had to cover my eyes, it was so gruesome. I had seen it before, but only on video on our tv screen. It really shows a glimpse of what Christ did for us. Many tears were being shed.
I am envious of your warm weather - we're freezing and our sunrise service will definitely be without the sun shining, and wearing VERY warm clothes!! But then we'll go to the church for a wonderful breakfast and on to early service where we'll sing our cantata. Then home to host 19 people for dinner - a glorious celebration of God's love for us.
I've been to that park with the hubby. He grew up in Lake Oswego.
..... I subscribe to you on bloglines, and yet this post did not pop up to tell me it was out there.
I don't think bloglines is working correctly.
My daughter said it rained today in Portland - and then the sun came out long enough to use chalk on the parking lot.
Happy Easter to you - and may you find many extra hours in your purse to do all those activities that are coming your way.
And to you too, Tammy...what a lovely post. I needed to sit, breathe deep and read for a minute -- I'm in the midst of sewing 9 little Davidic dance (circle skirts) costumes for my Dumpling's dance recital.
You're right, too many things tend to converge in this little space of time.
happy easter, tammy. (((HUGS)))
thanks for praying for me and jec.
Oh how I love these pictures!! The girls look so happy and sure seemed to be having fun:-) What a wonderful day you had!! Just a quick visit to wish you and yours a very Happy Easter:-) I have my boys and Wendy here this weekend so it's been busy! xoxo
Hi Tammy, thanks for stopping by my blog. You already know me if you think about it hard enough...I've had another blog and started a new one...this one is just more private...if you would like more details or if you guess just write me at early_bird79@yahoo.com and may you and yours have a Happy Easter!!
Sometimes I feel that way when watching a Jesus drama. I think it is because we can actually see and hear God in human form. Playing with the children especially makes him human and drives home the huge sacrifice that God made by sending us his Son to die on the cross for our sins. Awesome... Happy Easter!
Hello! Lovely to "meet" you, thanks for stopping by my place today. WOW, you got to see Keith Green in person, eh? That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures...glad to see y'all had a glorious and blessed Easter! God bless! :)
Those pictures are just beautiful! Is your winter weather over? Thought I saw yesterday that the Northwest might be having more cold or bad weather.
Post a Comment