
First of all, thank you to all who gave such sweet comments on my last post- I so appreciated each of them.
And so...follow me to a quaint little tea house where six little girls, one mom -and a very brave dad- converged to begin festivities...
The tea house was charming, and the best part was that we had an entire room to ourselves- aptly named, The Canterbury Room. This picture is a little dark, but you'll have to trust me- it was adorable!

Girls had their choice between many flavored teas- or for the less adventurous- which proved to include most- you could have apple juice or hot chocolate in your teacup.
Our waitress gave us a "tea bingo" game to play while waiting for our morsels and later she explained some simple tea party etiquette.
Too bad that we learned not to extend our pinkie while sipping our tea...I was hoping to get a good picture of Daddy in that pose!
But somehow, we all ended up speaking with British accents during our luncheon...I think I started it, and soon we had a room full of little girls chatting like the Queen Mum.
We also had a great time trying on hats and gloves and boas!



Later, it was time for presents. My daughter sat down in the little princess chair which had been occupied of teddy bears, and waited patiently...
And then, the girls gathered around and I was amazed at the amount of interest and concentration they each had watching her open each and every one!
They were rewarded at the end when the birthday girl distributed their party favor gifts, with little notebooks, tea boxes and of course, bubbles...
Everyone seemed to have a "smashing good time"...even our one invited male guest, Sir Daddy.And the next day, her actual birthday, she got to open gifts from just us...complete with our now tradition of the birthday treasure hunt.
A very full weekend, to say the least, and I know I for one am still recovering!
I can hardly believe my first baby is eight...leaving early childhood behind and becoming such a sweet, caring young lady.
Happy 8th birthday, Sweetie-girl!








27 comments:
Oh how precious! It looks like you guys had so much fun!
What fun pictures. It looks like such a fun place to have a special birthday tea!
What an adorable baby picture! No wonder she's such a beautiful eight year old!!
xo
Now that looks like it was great fun. Being a "boy mom" I would LOVE something like this! Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday to your special girl!!
:-) Susan
What a WONDERFUL birthday party!!! Great pictures especially the one when she was just a baby. Time goes too fast doesn't it? My 'baby' is 31 years old and father to my two grand kids! I would love to have heard the British accents! heehee! Hey your hubby was brave to be a part of a tea party, good for him!!
Adorable pictures. I so wish that I could have been there. I'm glad that daddy could be in on the fun.
That is one of the sweetest parties I have ever seen. Happy Birthday!
How very fun...this reminds me of a business of long ago. They were located in a shopping center, and after their tea and dress up...the little misses would march like princesses up and down the sidewalk for all to see...what a neat time you had!
Happy 8th birthday! What a great way to have a bday party! Looks like the girls really enjoyed the tea house! and the birthday treasure hunt sounds like a great tradition!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!! One of my granddaughters is eight too. A really lovely age.
That looks like the perfect party to me. I would have loved that exact party when I was her age. The next time you have a tea party I may just have to crash it!!
Thank you for you sweet, encouraging comments Tammy. You are so very dear.
That's just about the cutest birthday tea party ever! I love it and they just look so cute.
Happy Birthday.
I have to say that is the sweetest idea for a party. I love it. The tea room and dressing up in hats and boas - too cool for 8 year olds.
Oh the tea party sounds like such a good time!!! Hat's off to DAD!!!
Susan
That looks like the sweetest party! All those little girls looked like they got to be "princesses for a day". Your daughter is beautiful and I hope she had a wonderful birthday!!
What fun!! We had a great tea room which has closed, but it sounds like such a great idea for little girl birthday party! Daddy is a brave, wonderful man!
A tea party is such a perfect little girl birthday! Loved all the pics and descriptions, sounds like y'all had a great time.
Hope it wa a wonderful birthday.
What an amazing birthday party that was!! I wish they had such a tea house around here, I'd go spend my 50th birthday in there in October! lol What fun!! Such precious pictures of all the girls having such a great time. Happy 8th Birthday to your little sweetie:-) xoxo
This is just one of the most precious posts I've seen. Sigh. Would that my little girls had been a little more girlie. Oh well.
What a darling time! I love that they got to dress up. Don't you just stare at them, drink it all in and think, "It must be nice to be 8."
A memory she'll remember--well done, Tammy.
That's adorable, what a nice way to celebrate eight! Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!
that is the perfect "little girl" party.
not that the little girls are ..perfect. but you know what I mean
What a precious post! The picture at the end is absolutely adorable--she looks like a sweet cupcake!
How sweet! Happy Birthday, dear princess!!!
Oh, that's just precious! What fun! Thanks for stopping over.
Girls are so much fun!
Growing with Julia
What a wonderful birthday party!!! And Dad was such a good sport! Brings back sweet memories of tea parties with our girls. Thanks for sharing!! Happy 8th Birthday to your Sweetie!!!!
BEAUTIFUL!
I had missed this so I am so glad you
told me about it!
What fun and how sweet are the girls??!!
This is a birthday to remember!
Thank you for sharing this!
Hugs,
Sue
Post a Comment