Thursday, July 26, 2007

A New Bundle!



Extended family news:

Welcome, Baby Sammy!


My sister in law had gone in Tuesday to the hospital, to be induced early the next morning. After an entire day, she was finally delivered by c-section at around
7:40 Wednesday evening, to a healthy baby boy!

Congratulations to my husband's brother and his wife! There was a time when they thought such a blessing would never be there's...

(For more of their story, including their recent adoption, you can go here.)

So far, mother and baby are doing just great. Unfortunately, though,
the girls and I just made a trip to the hospital late this morning, all a tingle with anticipation...stopping at the store for a balloon, and with our gifts in tow...only to find the sleeping mommy completely out...no hubby, and baby stashed away in the nursery.
We discreetly went out and walked around the hospital for a half an hour, returning to ask the nurse about our seeing her. She went in, then came back, reporting that she had not slept well last night and wanted to remain dead the world a bit longer.

Imagine...being tired after having a baby, which just happened to be a c-section after all-day labor. Craziness. ;)

However...you can imagine our disappointment after all our getting ready and driving out there, gifts in hand.

Plus, there's that whole thing about not having a picture of our new nephew\cousin to post yet!

We'll probably be going again with my husband after dinner- (calling first, of course) and this time you can be sure, come rain or shine, we are not leaving until we see that little guy's cute little cheeks and congratulate the exhausted new mama.

All of this strolling down the maternity hall, though, brought back such memories. Both of my girls were born in that ward...my last one just five years ago.
Each experience was completely different, however, and some time I will probably post their stories.

In the meantime, while I'm waiting to post a picture of the new addition, allow me to share a piece of my own memories, which came floating back to me this week...





(Just twenty minutes old, her big sister, not quite three, helps welcome her into the world.)

Blessings!

14 comments:

ruth said...

How well do I remember. We got there after she had arrived, since you didn't want big sister waiting there too long, & she came much faster than anticipated. At least I got to be there in time to hear big sister's first cry through the door three years earlier. Two very special events, my granddaughers entry into the world. Having had a C section with you, I can relate to the new mommy.

Susie said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the new little blessing! I'm sure your girls are eager to have a peek too!
That is such an adorable picture of the three of you. One can tell how much that baby was welcomed..
xo

Sandy said...

Tammy, that picture is so precious of you and your girls!
And yes, that would be disappointing today!

Nadine said...

Congratulations. The picture of you and your girls is so very sweet.

Justabeachkat said...

Awwww...I LOVE your photo! So sweet. I just love photos. They can bring back memories in a flash.

Congrats on the "new bundle".

Hugs!
Kat

Linda said...

Congratulations Auntie!!! I know you must have been so disappointed, but by now you have probably welcomed the new little one into the family.
I love the picture - just beautiful.

gail@more than a song said...

Precious picture of you and the girls!
Congrats to the new family and to you Aunt Tammy....hope y'all get to see them soon and get some pics to share!

Myrna said...

Beautifully sweet picture!

I'm sure you hav eprobably seen the baby by now. Your girls probably love having a baby around to love on!

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Welcome to the world Baby Sammy. That photo at the end is precious. So sweet!

Pamela said...

we have a forthcoming grandchild.. could be any day... could be two weeks. One never knows.

groovyoldlady said...

Congratulations, Auntie!

Diane Viere said...

How rude! Imagine, needing sleep more than guests...after such a harrowing experience!

:)

What a beautiful photo! Babies are such a welcome gift!

Diane

Michelle said...

congrats on the newest addition to your family! How exciting for them!

Sorry you didn't get to see Sammy on your first visit to the hospital, but hopefully you were able to last night!

Delete said...

Congratulations! And some more good news...

You are the winner of my drawing for Primary Language Lessons by Emma Serl!

Please contact me at jennifer@macko.net with your mailing address. Also, please keep in mind that I can ship to a work address if you are more comfortable with that.

Congratulations and have a great weekend!