
Thank you all for your sweet comments about my little family reunion. I am so impressed that most of you followed it so well!
I wanted to simply share a few tidbits of news and pictures from this weekend...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guess what both girls got for my eight year old's birthday?

That's right...and we finally put it up this weekend. Their daddy put their little slide in for awhile, so no, that didn't come with the pool. And what is that? One of my girls decided she liked the feet-rinsing tub even better? Wouldn't you know, after we spent all that money...
And then our dog, Mandy, wanted to join her....

Our weather has been summer perfect, lately! Sunny and in the 80's...and we are suppose to get just one day next week where it will reach 99...then back to the 80's...Ahhh.
I don't mean brag, when some of you are having those 108 temperatures! Yikes!
But because the Northwest here gets so many cloudy and rainy days, I'm sure you'll understand if I bask in this for awhile!
On a different note, I want to tell you all right here and now that I do not, nor never have had, a green thumb. Neither does my husband, really.
Every year, what is suppose to be a whole rose bush, we think, simply grows into just one, long stem....
and then blossoms....


A little lonely looking, but it sure is pretty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And speaking of a little lonely...guess what? Do you all remember when my family went on the big camping trip with my husband's relatives last summer...and I had a half a week to myself?
For those of you didn't know me one year ago, you can check out this post, entitled "A Mommy Vacation". (Hard to believe it has been a whole year ago!)
Last year, I remember feeling nearly giddy with excitement over several days completely and totally to myself. As a home school mom who is with my children, well... just about all the time, I do need an occasional break now and then!
But this year, it's a bit strange...I am already missing them just a bit, and they haven't even left yet!
Is it possible to feel a bit weepy and want to do a cartwheel at the same time?
But don't feel too sorry for me. I have some organizing plans galore, and even some plans for finally trying to get my novel finished. (The one I started writing a few years ago!) But just like last year, it's so tempting to make a big, fat list for myself and then fall short...so, maybe part of this time will be to just lay out in the sun with a good book. There...that's sounding more like a real mommy vacation. See that lady at the top of the post with her feet on the computer? That would be me...
Sound nice? Are you jealous yet? ;)
In the meantime, I'm wishing you all a good week...
and stay tuned for my post on my first day alone.
(OK...now I'm missing them again....sigh)








26 comments:
hormones is all .... you'll not miss them when they are off with their adventure. grin>
It's healthy to miss the kids when they're gone, but not enough to give up your "mommy vacation."
Growing with Julia
Good morning Tammy:-) Oh I so remember when my boys were little and I couldn't wait to have time alone but then once I was, I missed them! lol You just can't win! lol I've just caught up with your posts...I so enjoyed reading about you meeting up with your half-nephew and his family again! My neighbours just got a similar pool but a bit bigger and their 6 year old girl just loves it:-) I'm sure your girls will be swimming like little fish real soon! Your rose is just gorgeous...it's the first time I see one growing single like that!! xox
I can totally relate to those feelings! They will be back though so enjoy the time of doing what you want to do, when you want to do it. Those mommy vacations do go by quickly!
Fun pool. Those little pools are the best summertimes investment. I wouldn't be without one!
The pool looks VERY fun, and the rose is beautiful.
I went back and read your last year's post! You sound just like my daughter as she loves the "conveniences" when she's camping too!
Hope you have some relaxing "me" time and are refreshed by your mini vacation.
You have tons of cyber friends to keep you company if you get lonely!
xo
Perfectly normal to miss them but be ready for it too! I hope you get lots done! Or just enjoy the time. Every mommy needs a vacation.
Long live mommy vacations!! I'm sure you'll totally enjoy yourself.
The rose is very pretty, although as you said, it looks a little lonely. Is it planted in full sun? They like the sun and lots of MiracleGro.
No fair. I wish my family would leave me alone - even for just one day!!! I'm jealous.
The rose is lovely. You could do a whole post on how simple beauty is with God. :>)
Hmm now you know how much I miss all of you. I don't get to see you often enough, & the e-mails just don't do it for me although they help. I have never seen a single rose growing like that either. Usually they grow on a bush with more than one flower. I wonder if it a particular kind that grows single. Maybe someone out in "blogland" can give you a clue as to why this has happened.
As I said to Robin, sounds absolutely heavenly to me. I LOVE solitude! Have a wonderful time and don't fret a minute. They'll be fine!
what a fun pool to have in your backyard! You know, Kayla would probably like the feet rinsing bucket (what a great idea!) too!
that pool looks like so much fun!! We have a pool similar to that but were we live (in AZ) we are not allowed to have it up because we live in the desert and during the summer we have drought restrictions on water :( You have a wonderful blog.
We put our kids's slide in their little pool too. That brought back memories. I want to hear all about the vacation!
A vacation that I am sure that you earned and I know you will miss them a little but do try to enjoy your me time.
The mommy vacation sounds divine, if I do say so myself. We all need them, huh?
OH! Precious time alone when you are the mother of young children! I remember those days.
I vote for the "lay in the sun with a good book" plan--at least part of the time! Enjoy!
I'm glad you'll get this time for yourself Tammy, but I know how you're feeling. It seems when I get a few days like that I think it will be heaven to be able to be alone and do everything I want. And then in a relatively short time it sort of looses its shine and I am feeling a bit lonely. However.....some time alone can be a very nice thing. Enjoy!!
Cool slide - and very pretty rose. Hey enjoy the your mommy time.
Heavenly Voice
You've been tagged!
Hi Tammy
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet message. Come anytime...you're always welcome.
I enjoyed my visit here on your blog and will come again. I also peeked at your Mom's blog and liked it too.
This was a sweet post. I know what you mean about having mixed feelings.
Hugs!
Kat
I love that pool, Tammy. I can't wait for Cameron to be big enough for on like that because I can get in it with him. Right now, he's got the smallest baby pool you can buy and is only now brave enough to get into it.
And Mandy is getting so big. What a beautiful dog she's turned into. She's so shiny and sleek looking. I'm so, so glad Mandy worked out for your family.
I totally understand how much even a couple of days to yourself means to you. I also understand missing the kids, but this is good for all of you.
Oh, it will be over before you know it. Set a goal and get busy...you don't want to find yourself on the other end of this vacation without anything to show for it...
...like me. :(
Your dog has grown! My girls would love to have a pool like that, hmmm, maybe :)
Hi Tammy! I'm just catching up on blog reading! Thank you so much for checking in and welcoming Victor.
I'm looking forward to seeing how your vacation was...and to meeting the new family addition!
XO
Post a Comment