

Alone- Day 2
I loved hearing some of your feedback about time alone... Have a list...do those projects...but don't work too hard and relax a little, too. And I'm trying...I'm really trying.
You know, I was single for a while before marrying my husband, so these days alone are bringing back lots of memories. Well, not of dating, of course...but just the general feeling.
Last night, instead of asking myself what to fix everyone for dinner in order to have the minimal amount of whines coming from my picky five year old, I simply walked to the freezer, pulled out a Lean Cuisine, and threw it in the microwave. Single days relived! And of course, like any good single girl, I followed my microscopic Lean Cuisine with only 230 calories with a Nestle Crunch bar.
Such memories. So 20-something of me.

My family called me at 10:00 pm last night from the dark of their tent to say good-night. And although I could tell by their voices that they all missed me, they assured me that they were having lots of fun, though I was never quite clear on what all they actually did. But the important thing was that the girls and I gave good-night kisses over the phone...because otherwise their mommy wouldn't be able to sleep without those.
Today, unlike yesterday, I was all about work. My Little Ponies and their boring cousins- plain plastic horses- were being corralled right and left faster than you could say Hasbro!
Because yesterday I made a trip to the store and bought all these see-through drawers and boxes to make homes for Barbie and her friends, Polly Pocket, play dishes, and spare Duplos that had somehow sprinklered their way throughout the upstairs.
But why is it that these projects always last a little longer than you think? I still haven't tackled my (and hubby's) room but the day isn't over until the Lean Lady sings. (See above mentioned dinner.)
I have not exactly pampered myself yet, but my plan is to work the hardest today, and reward myself more tomorrow with extra leisure time. Once I get into work-mode, it's hard to stop...and once I get into relax-mode...well, I'm there for the duration. So today I thought I'd better strike while the iron is hot and there's actually ambition running through my veins!
However, I know I'll be sorry if I don't have some nice alone-time fun, too, this week.
Linda mentioned one of my favorite things, watching old movies...and Rosemarie (corrected-yesterday I called her Julia! I knew I'd do that sooner or later, since her blog is called "Growing with Julia"...oops!)mentioned a bubble bath...so for the sake of mommies everywhere, I am putting them on my to-do list tomorrow! That, and soaking up some rays with my book. Are you all feeling better now? Were you worried I'd squander my free time with work, work, work?
Never fear. After all, I can't let you all down. I'm thinking of it as my civic duty. Stay tuned!








21 comments:
Have a great Mom Vacation!
I loved Lean Cuisine when I was single! I even slow down in the freezer isle in the grocery store and look them over :)
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers
I'm with you--"Do your work the right way before you take the time to play." I'm all about getting all the work over with and then relaxing to my hearts content. I'm glad you are planning some good "you" time. Enjoy.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who eats a Lean Cuisine and then has dessert afterwards! lol Sounds like you got a lot done today but yes, you do need a day just for you, to do as you please:-) xoxo
Sounds like you have the Mommy Vacation all under control now! Getting those good night kisses on the phone was just what you needed!
Aren't those plastic tote & other storage bins wonderful inventions? Glad you got your mommy fix with those goodnight kisses over the phone from my adorable granddaughters. Enjoy the rest of your mommy time & pamper yourself with a bubble bath or a long uninterupted soak in the tub & curl up with your book afterwards.
Thanks for the shout, but Julia is my daughter! ;)
You're doing us all proud. Enjoy it all...organizing and the relaxing. You're worth it! There's nothin' like a well-balanced mama!
Growing with Julia
hmm... i've been "single" for a year now and i'm kinda hoping to be "married" again. miss my hubby. =D
Good times. Seems like you are making the best of it. BTW - I love "My Favorite Wife." - good choice.
I've been to your other blog. I loved the Parent Trap and the Long Trailer (it's Luch but of course). Anytime you want to talk old movies, you know where to go.
Enjoy every minute of it - I've got a 3 day stint next week and am already making my too-long list of projects to accomplish.
Rosemarie, so embarrassed...I was paranoid I'd accidentally call you that some time, I now I did! Sorry- all corrected!
And here is is Friday morning- my day to relax! Um...after I do a load of laundry, mop the floor and do the dishes...all the things I haven't done yet because of my organizing...:)Then, look out leisure, here I come!
Good Morning, Enjoy your time ALONE. I noticed in your profile you are a homeschool mom. I am looking into changing curriculum this year. Do you have any suggestions. It is so overwhelming the choices are seem endless. I have used Abeka for five years and Weaver for one year.
i think you've got it right. a little bit of work and then some time pampering yourself in some way. too much of either one is not good and you feel dissappointed in the end.
thanks for stopping by my site. i appreciate your comment. enjoy your alone time.
I can't even imagine all that time alone! I hope you truly enjoy it, but I know you will be thrilled when they all come home again!
Awwwww....a Lean Cruisine and a crunch bar...my kind of meal. LOL
Hugs!
Kat
We really are living in a technological age! I never would have imagined phoning home (and blowing kisses) from a tent in days gone by. How cool!
Enjoy your book and bubble bath. It sounds divine. {{{Hugs}}} :~)
I hope you were able to accomplish all you wanted to! and yes! The bubble bath sounds wonderful :)
Tam-myyyyyyy!!! I am catching up slowly. Only a couple of people even have heard from me. I will be home tomorrow from my loooong vacation. But I had to stop by and thrill to the award you have given me. I rock?? I rock! Oh, man, that is so cool. I always wanted to rock. So there you are.
I will acknowledge this wonderful gift on my blog when I can find my way to it. I have almost 150 emails to get through, much blog fodder to categorize and digest, and a heap of dirty laundry that will go home with me.
Thanks, my friend. You are a dear.
After catching up with your news I have to say that tea was adorable, and what a good sport Sir Daddy is. I also love that you have a few days alone. It will go by quickly and you will not even accomplish all you'd like. So do take time to play, and rest, and relax. MItford is a great place to do that :)
Talk to you soon at my place.
I love lean cuisine! Those and Bagel Bites were my "single girl" food. Hope you're enjoying your time alone :)
I'm so jealous! The kids moved out years ago but with my husband retired the only alone time I get is driving to work. Enjoy!
hee-hee
Love the Lean Cuisine and candy bar.
Post a Comment