Friday, September 28, 2007

1st Photohunter


I'm participating for the first time in Photohunt!
This week's theme was a tough one- Original.

But in my closet still hangs the original outfit I was wearing when my husband first laid eyes on me- on our blind date, on August 14th, 1993,

Here is a photo of me against the real dress...that photo was taken two years after that first date, standing on a pier at his Navy base. (Soon he'd be going on a six month deployment.)

I'd like to say that this outfit still fit perfectly, and that I didn't have to strain at the buttons when I try it on...but as you can see, I was a skinnie-minnie "back in the day"... before my babies...and when my metabolism seemed to run at high speed!

Still, I am hanging on to this outfit, just the same.

46 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

That is so sweet, I wish I could remember what I was wearing that day...hmmm...

Welcome to the hunt!

Berto and Kwala said...

awww. that is just the sweetest!!
welcome to photo hunters!
happy hunting!

Anonymous said...

Great choice! Welcome to Photo Hunters ... :)

Corey~living and loving said...

wow! totally cool idea for the theme!
Welcome to photo hunters!

Anonymous said...

great original entry!

how sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love that you have the photo to go with the dress. Fun!
Welcome to Photo Hunters!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! And by the way, we were a blind date too. In Sept of 1980. We were engaged 6 weeks later and married 6 months after that. Twenty-six and a half years ago!

You go girl!!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!

Welcome to the Photo Hunt and have a good weekend.

ipanema said...

oh you're lucky it still fits you. i think mine will only fit half of my body now. :)

welcome to the hunt! :)

Queen of My Domain said...

Welcome to the Hunt. You have a great choice for this week's difficult theme.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely memory!

Cheryl said...

Good memories!

PowersTwinB said...

Welcome!!! Youre going to love Photo Hunters! I think you did a teriffic job for your first hunt! My photo is up, please come and visit

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the hunt!! What a beautiful dress.

Myrna said...

That is original! You look cute in the dress! I think you definitely should keep that dress. Can't you just hear your granddaughters asking to see Grandman Tammy's "date dress."

Lisa said...

Original and very clever!!! Welcome to Photohunter! Be sure to come by and see mine. :)

Carver said...

What a fun post for the original topic and too cool that you still have the dress. Happy photohunting and have a great weekend.

Karen said...

Very pretty, and special that you still have it. I'd save it too.

Melli said...

Well! It was ALSO a very ORIGINAL idea! Cool!

ruth said...

You are still as beautiful as the day you wore that dress on that date. That was a special & original entry.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet memory! Nice entry this week;) Welcome!!!

Susan said...

Awwwww...that's just sweet!!

:-) Welcome to Photo Hunters.

Katya said...

Oh wow! I don't think I ever kept any clothes that long! That is so cool! Very original!

Welcome to Photo Hunters!

Baba said...

Welcome to photo hunters...Thanks for sharing your original dress with us.I can't remember what I was wearing when I met my husband.. Baba

Katney said...

A wondeful original for your original PhotoHunt. This is so much fun--welcome.

CRIZ LAI said...

I dare not even show my original photos when I was young. I guessed time do bloated me up so much **sweat**. Nice take this week and welcome to the club :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to photo hunters. That is amazing that you kept the dress your wore on your first date. And I like how you took the photograph and laid it up against the dress in your photo. What wonderful memories. Have a good weekend.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

How sweet!
Photo Hunters

Anonymous said...

A wonderful entry for this week! Welcome to the Photo Hunt:)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wonderful photo and a very sweet post. :) Very cool that you still have the dress. Welcome to the Photo Hunt! :)

My original photo.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! What a wonderful thing to have to remember where it all began!

Welcome to Photohunters!!

Justabeachkat said...

Very sweet! Good photo of you too.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Well that is so fun. A photo and the dress...great treasures. Perfect for today's theme.

Take care,
Connie

gail@more than a song said...

That is so cool that you still have it! Cute picture Tammy.

Mommy Lutchi said...

so cute, happy PH

mine is up at My Two Cents Worth and
The Four Seasons Of My Life I hope You can visit me too. TC

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow, that is so cool, that you still have the original dress from your blind date! Welcome to the Photo Hunt! We have a lot of fun!
Your FL furiends,

Anonymous said...

Great photo for the hunt! I still have some outfits from long ago as well. I also wish I could still fit into them!

Anonymous said...

THATS GREAT god I was only 2 that year :P

Susie Q said...

That is just so sweet and what a precious memory. I actually do not remember what I was wearing but then, it was 33 years ago and I barely remember what I wore yesterday!
: )

You were so pretty but then, you still are!

Hugs,
Sue

Kelkat said...

So neat to find your site through photohunters. I love your post about the "original outfit". That is great. I am at http://newleaftimes.blogspot.com/ and I am running Marriage Mondays - though I must admit that I don't always get around to posting because I am a busy mom of two boys under 3. Anyway, you might also like "Works for me Wednesday" or "Crock pot Thursday". There are so many out there. Hope to stop at your site again.

Anonymous said...

That's a great interpretation of the hunt, Tammy. :)

And a cute dress too.

Unknown said...

How sweet, Tammy!! I love how you kept the dress!

Kelli

Siani said...

It's lovely that you have such a vivid reminder of your first meeting. Great pic. Have a good weekend!

randi said...

I think it is so neat that you kept that outfit! I can only remember what I wore. Hmmm....I wonder if my hubby can????

Teena in Toronto said...

I've gained and lost so much weight since then that I've gotten a couple year wardrobes :)

Mine's up too :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the theme- I finally got rid of all such outfits as I wouldn't even be able to put anything on to even strain the buttons! I think that it is so sweet that you have that reminder of your first date with your husband!