This has been an incredibly busy week for me. But I suspect that maybe it has for some of you, too....especially the rest of you who are in the "back to school" mode, whether it is at home or outside the home!
And then maybe, like me, it's a combination of a bunch of things, all adding up to BUSY!
Amazing what all of us accomplish in just a week, even if we only jot down the major points...never mind, the hundreds of things we cleaned, cooked and folded, and fed!
So, here's my little condensed version of the week:
Monday-
Drove with my family an hour away to help my mom with her house.
Dropped #1 daughter there, leaving her with her pink suitcase and lots of hugs and kisses.
Tuesday-
First wonderful day of Kindergarten with daughter #2! (See post below)
Wednesday-
A tiny bit of school work with daughter #2, then back down to my mom's to retrieve #1 daughter (this time I did the driving) and stayed all afternoon to help Mom do more organizing and discarding.

Drove back home, dropping off a box at G*oodwill on the way.
Stole upstairs after dinner to veg out and watch episodes of House Hunters.
Tucked in girls, lay down with youngest, and fell fast asleep there until morning.
Thursday-
First day of school with both girls. Overall, a good day.
A little less easy than schooling just one, but because we're all still fresh and excited about the new year, there hasn't been a lot of whining. (And the girls have had good attitudes, too!) ;)
Friday-
Babysat for the first time my new 6 week old nephew for a few hours. Enjoyed his smiles.

Changed his diaper...watched a fountain spray up in my unprepared- mommy to girls- face.
Rocked and walked the floor with the little guy as he is fussy due to acid reflux.
Finally got him to sleep and am so relieved... just in time for his mommy to return.
Did "school"with the girls in the afternoon, due to Baby Cousin's morning visit. Went to the store, and stopped at a special playground, where I ended up playing Hide and Seek with them...(and also with another little boy we met that really, really wanted to play!)
Ended up having loads of fun- yes, me...the mom!
Put Barbie band-aids on my oldest girl's knee. Listened to more renditions of High School Musical numbers, with many requests to stop what I'm doing to see her fancy footwork.
Watched as my just-as-tired husband kept his promise to the girls and took them swimming after work, then came home to work on a home project... and afterward fell asleep on the couch.
Gave him a kiss and meant it.
Ended my work week relieved that it was over, but so very grateful for each and every day of it.
God bless each of you- and have a wonderful weekend!








22 comments:
As they say, a mom's work is never done:-) Sounds like a very busy week but with some fun added in...some days I miss those times when my boys were your girls' ages and then other times I so enjoy my quiet days! lol Have a wonderful weekend my friend. xoxo
You are doing the Lord's work Tammy - every moment spent folding clothes, teaching, doing chores, helping your Mom, cradling a little one and giving Mom a break - all part of the ministry He has called you to. Sounds like a very productive, blessed week to me.
Have a good weekend!
Very busy but sounds very rewarding! Hope you have a lovely, peaceful, restful weekend to rejuvinate!
Wow--you all have been busy. So have we, which I why I have been reading but not commenting.
I love that you called it your *work week*. I can't think of a better job!
I hope you have a refreshing weekend.
WOW, you are one busy mom. I remember those days when my kids were young. It is all worth it so hang in there! You are so kind to help your mom- it proves what a great person you are plus babysitting with all you have going on. That is the kind of Christian we all should be. May God bless you for sharing His love with others.
Yes a busy week as I was a part of it with all the help you did on sorting, clearing & hauling stuff for me to Goodwill. I so appreciate all you do for me. Enjoyed having daughter 1 staying with me & having fun with both girls when you picked her up.
I am just exhausted reading about your week! My goodness! You are one busy lazy and that was so cute about your "sprinkler" of an adorable nephew!
Hugs!
I never really thought of what all I was doing in my busyness as the Lord's work or showing special kindness...some of your comments really blessed me!
Kathleen, your type-o made me laugh though...I'm one busy lazy! heehee...yep, that does describe me on some days!
And that fountain...you should have seen my girls giggle at that!
Sounds like a busy week!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon.
You just sound like the best mom, Tammy. What a full day of blessing/serving others.
You were busy! But I'm so glad to see that you take time out for the important things in life. I'm talking about the all important HouseHunters! I think I'm getting addicted to that show! Why?!!
Good morning Tammy,
It's wonderful to catch up on all your news. So happy to hear school is going well for your new kindergartener and that your Mom will soon be moving nearby!
Thanks for the welcome home wishes, I've certainly missed visiting all of you!
xoxo
The week after Labor Day is always hectic. Glad yours, though busy, went so well.
I enjoyed reading about your busy days - I've just started kindergarten with my oldest - I look forward to reading more about schooling two - I'll be there soon enough. :D
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Oh- that darn fountain pray. I learned quickly with my little guy that the rush of "air" after the diaper comes off often does that. Can't tell you how many nights I would frantically rush to get him changed, only to lose the contest. ha!
You have had a busy week indeed. I am surprised you had time to stop by and comment - but thank you so much for the kind words!
OH, yes, you moms of girls - good lesson in changing baby boys!!
I'm glad you had such a delightful first week of school. We officially began school in the middle of August. Your nephew is adorable!
You sure did have a busy week! Your nephew is adorable! Sorry about the spray in the face though!
A mommy's work is never done. What a wonderful you had though, even though so busy. I had to laugh about changing your nephew's diaper...I had a boy...you have to be quick.
Those boys are good at that!
Sounds like you can get lots of time and mileage out of the HSM movies...my girls watched Annie like that, all the time and knew all the songs! Fun times.
Busy days aye? I know that feeling. Oh your nephew is so cute. My sister in law had a wee baby boy last week and he is gorgeous, aside from my son he's the first boy in the family this generation, so it's great fun.
Post a Comment