Don't you love it when you find one of those incredible yard sale deals?
Nearly every weekend or so will find me scouring the neighborhood for the perfect thing we've somehow been missing in our lives. But mostly for clothes.
I'm always on the lookout for "gently used" clothes for the girls, since they outgrow things so quickly.
Saturday was no exception, only we were just going to look for about a half an hour. We stopped at a few places where signs beckoned us, but without any luck.
Finally, as we were about to give up, we found one that looked promising! We got out, and I was happy to see a blanket on the ground with not only girl clothes- but in about the right sizes!
As I was looking through the clothing, the dad there was setting up some sort of play tent.
Yes, it was cute play tent, alright...and big. I quickly went back to the task at hand.
The girls, of course, had to go inside as soon as the dad walked away. When I walked on over, I saw the price tag.
Two bucks.
Yep, you read that right! It did have a rip in the tent door, but otherwise looked fine.
The mom and grandma must have sensed my amazement at the low, low price, so they grabbed the opportunity to exclaim from across the yard,
"It folds right up and fits into the little flat bag..."
"And all these accessories over here, too..."
I glanced over, and sure enough, there were four folding nylon play appliances such as a stove, sink, and washer\dryer. It had the low, low price of $2.00 for the set...a steal...but I only had enough for the tent with me. But before I could even tell them that, they said that I could have the whole shebang for the $2.
Ok, then...pack 'er up!
Just minutes after the dad finished setting it out, he promptly went back and packed everything up into the convenient carrying bag...and if that wasn't enough, when my girls each bought one item of clothing they also wanted with their own change, the mom began picking extra things out and saying,
"Here...take this too. You can just have it."
We walked away with a bag of clothes and a complete play tent (stackable washer\dryer unit and other appliances, included!) for a grand total of $2.90!
I know they apparently didn't want to make money as much as to just get rid of things...but I felt so blessed by their generosity. And I do think that sometimes God leads us to these little blessings in life for no other reason other than that He wants to see us smile.
Just because He loves us!

We set it up as soon as we got home and the girls played in there almost the rest of the day!
And guess what? We brought it into the livingroom the next day and they talked me into letting them sleep in it. Shhh...they're in there, right now, as I type!
I just love yard sales!








31 comments:
Wonderful how you and your girls were blessed.
Susan
Wow! That was a wonderful deal. That tent will be full of fun for a long time - and buy mama some much needed peace :) I'd say that is a bargain.
So fun! Tents can be the best places to play and hang out in, indoors too. That will probably be some of the best money you ever spent!
Dear Tammy,
What a heart warming story to start my morning! The pure goodness of people such as this is truly a blessing.
That tent will provide hours of fun for your girls.
xoxo
I love yard sales, too and what a great tent! You guys were LUCKY!
Oh wow! What a great story and experience. I love it when I happen on to that too-good-to-be-true yard sale item.
amazing. As much as I hate yard "sailing", I think your little cruise was worth every minute of it.
congratulations on such a grand deal.
happy day. We had one of those days yesterday--wher eGod just set everything up perfectly without me spending a dime or having to plan. Isn't He awesome!
Yard Sales are fun. I know that family was happy to send the playtent to a good home!
Don't you just love that! How sweet of those people. It sounds like the girls had a wonderful time!
What fun! I bet you will really enjoy that, and just thinking about your great deal will make you smile every time you use it!
What a great deal you got on those! I love yard sales... I am sure your girls are so happy with their new acquisition, just to think that we don't need to spend a whole lot of money to see them smiling!
I love a great deal! I'll bet you were giddy with excitement! ;v)
Looks so fun and how could you not sleep in it the first night?
I believe that is the best story I have heard in a while! Wha tis it about tents that children love so much--I guess they have their child-sized space while they are in there.
I love it when other people find these yard sale bargains. Me--I hardly ever find the great buy of the day. Probably don't go to sales enough to know how to find them!
Talk about a deal! How great is that!
Oh Tammy, what a fabulous deal!! That tent looks like such fun and all for $2...wow!! When I use to make yard sales, I never made money either because I was so bad with just giving the stuff away! lol xox
I think yard sales are about the best thing since sliced bread came along.
Good for you on your wonderful finds. And God bless those generous folks. I like to see that kind of thing.
i love, absolutely love garage sales for that very reason
What a wonderful "yard sale blessing". I believe that He blesses us with things such as this, just to make us smile too. What a steal, this set. AND the clothes and accessories. You had a very productive, exciting yard sale experience. I love yard sale-ing, but haven't been in a while, I may keep an eye out this Saturday, I can only hope for half of your good finds:)
What an awesome blessing! I remember yard sale days - I would plan my Saturday and map it out, and come back with wonderful clothes - but never for Kev. Little boys are not "gentle" on their clothes. I need to start doing that again for the grands, but it takes patience, which is not my strong suit these days.
You are such a fun mom!!
My you were blessed!! I'm sure the people enjoyed seeing their happy little faces & their excitement at getting the tent. They know their things went to someone who appreciated it. I love the pic of my two little G.kids in the tent
what a wonderful find at the yard sale and how generous of the family to basically give it away LOL You were in the right place at the right time! I can see how your girls would have so much fun playing in that tent/playhouse!
What a wonderful yard sale story!!! That was so nice of the people to give you the added items at no cost. Very generous of them. Your kiddos will have hours of fun in the tent, there is something about tents that kids just love. That is such a hoot that they are camping out in it in your living room, I love that!!!
What fun this sweet deal will be for you all!
This story was so heartwarming and those happy faces say it all!
Hugs,
Sue
What a wonderful story of how God blessed your girls and you. It's so wonderful to find little treasures like that.
Hi Tammy!
I scored this last weekend, too, on yard sale stuff. It's always a treat to find good deals.
Fun to visit you again, I've been really busy :)
Sandy
Wow, Tammy, this find is very impressive!
Amazing, the deals you can find at yard sales, especially when the people obviously are just trying to get rid of stuff. What a great find for the girls. And what a smart way to continually add to their wardrobe. Believe me, I know how quickly they outgrow everything and how expensive it is to keep up. Good for you, Tammy!
God is Soo good to lead you to that sale. and I too believe He just wants to make us smile sometimes:)
God does smile down us, and when we notice...it's just beautiful!
Post a Comment