Thursday, October 02, 2008

Giveaways and other random thoughts



I can hardly believe it's actually October...maybe it's because of our "Indian Summer" here in the northwest and the balmy evenings...I even turned on the air conditioner once this week! I keep thinking it's actually still August and do double takes every time I look at my calendar! Of course, the sound of the ice cream truck passing by our house every evening doesn't help, either!

I also can't believe that I'm approaching my 350th post.
My 300th came and went without my remembering to notice...so I thought I'd commemorate the 350th by a little giveaway. (The prize will be announced next post!)


I'm so glad that many of you commented that you either saw or are planning to see Fireproof!
(See post below!)
My husband and I are actually downloading the first days of the Love Dare, presented in the movie, and it has been wonderful. It's free, but I think it only goes through Day 5. But though we rarely go out and buy new books, we definitely will be buying this one...because already, we've seen the positive effects!



I also have an idea brewing for a monthly post I'd like to try...and perhaps include some of you in on it, as well!
Since most of you know that I home school, yet I don't constantly talk about that aspect here, I thought it would be fun to have a monthly "show and tell" , if you would, of what we're doing.
And I thought that once I got the ball rolling, perhaps some of you would want to join in, as well!

I realize that probably most of my regular, regular readers do not home school.
But still, I know some of you do. And for those that don't, you still might be mildly amused or curious about what in the world we do all day! ;)

Perhaps, I'll even get a Mr. Linky...a cute little button...the works! The mind boggles...(or maybe it's just fuzzy because it's almost midnight...)

So stay tuned...for this and other exciting updates such as the Giveaway.

And where you may hear me relay scenes such as this one, which occurred a few weeks ago:

As the girls and I got inside the newer, shiny...and very compact economy car that my husband just purchased without any of the bells and whistles, both girls shrieked with such uncontainable excitement as they laid eyes on something they had only seen in movies...

"OOHH! It's the cool kind of window- the kind with the handle!!!!"

6 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Tammy,
We still haven't been to see that movie yet. This week has been just filled with "must dos"
Your homeschooling monthly post sounds interesting. I always enjoy seeing what's happening in your world.
It truly is hard to believe it's Oct. Our weather sounds much like yours (delightful) and we also have the ice cream trucks circling around!
xo

Mary said...

LOL Tammy, I can feel the girls' excitement through your words. Our van has power windows, but my car has the old type with the handles. The boys hate them. They are so used to having power windows that they think my car is an antique. LOL It is a 2000, not a 1940. Odd how kids think. Sometimes they make us feel like we are ancient.

I haven't seen the movie and will probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD. They are building a new movie theater in town and tore down the old one. There is another a few miles away but it is twice the price. Another blogger did a review of this movie and it sounds fantastic. Everyone who has seen it loves it.

Take care. You can have some of our cold, rainy weather if you wish. ;-)
Blessings,
Mary

Carole Burant said...

Well it's no wonder it's cold here, YOU have all the heat! lol As I'm typing this, it's only 38 here and the furnace has been running most of the day. It's also raining right now and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns to snow overnight. Sigh.

Ooooh a giveaway...those are always fun:-) I must check how many posts I've done so far, I never think of that! lol I do hope you've entered my Halloween Giveaway!!

I think it's a wonderful idea to have a monthly homeschooling post. I've always wondered how that all works! All I know is that I never would have had the patience! lol

They still make car windows with the handle???? hehe Just teasing! I can just imagine, though, how the girls thought that was so cool! hehe xoxo

Unknown said...

I bet those girl's did get a kick out of those roll up windows. I look forward to reading yor homeschool post. Have a great evening. Hugs.Lisa

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Thanks for visiting my blog--it's great to meet you!

Michelle said...

I've been hearing a lot of good reviews on that movie (and I had a huge crush on Kirk Cameron when I was a teen!) so I definitely want to see this...thanks for the link to the Love Dare site.