
I'm a little late getting this posted, but today I'm participating in another Get Real Monday today, hosted by Randi at I have to Say. And let me just say that this last weekend before the big wedding in our family has been pretty full, to say the least.
Also, I am so behind in reading all of your posts! I hope to do some catching up by this evening...
The object of this Get Real Monday is to pick one day this past weekend and describe it. So I’m picking Saturday….here goes:
Can I be completely honest and real here? That morning, I woke up a bit stressed... and as the morning went on, it got worse before it got better.
There were several problems. Little ones...middle sized ones...all various shapes and sizes...and I felt just a little overwhelmed.
But I prayed...and remembered to cast my cares onto Him...
And an amazing thing began to happen. One by one, God began to answer my prayers! One by one, He began to work things out.
The flower girls dresses arrived on time and are beautiful, but they didn't fit well, and the one seamstress of the bride is now also the cook and besides, lives pretty far away. Again...I prayed. Because even though this might seem like a trivial thing to some, it was something that was stressing me, and I knew God cared about that.
Suddenly, I thought of a friend in my Life group Bible study...I knew she did some sewing or needlework...she made quilts...same thing, right? So, I called her, and sure enough, she did, indeed, sew had recently done some taking in on her own daughters dresses. She was willing to do this in the short time left! One prayer answered.
I had to take my seven month old Marmaduke dog (well, her name is actually Mandy) to the vet today...All. By. Myself.
And here's what I learned: When you have a wild, energetic and very strong dog...don't try and handle your purse and it's contents at the same time. And when you see another energetic dog coming at you, held only at bay by a five year old boy who is "helping" his dad, be prepared for mayhem.
Seriously, this whole taking the dog to the vet thing was one of the "little stresses" that I had prayed about, and on the whole, it all went really smoothly, in spite of the above moment.
She does have a growth on her eye that I was concerned about, but it looks like it is most likely a harmless cyst which ointment may help- or it may even eventually go away on it's own.
Another prayer answered.

Right before I left for the vet, my sister in law, The Bride, came zooming by to borrow a pan for her friend to use in cooking for the wedding, and to see the flower girl dresses. She loved them...then, I, in turn zoomed to the vet. After eating lunch (and recovering from the vet outing) the girls and I went to a bridal shop and then the mall in search of gloves. The huge bridal shop was buzzing with bridesmaids and of course, brides- including one modeling dresses and having her picture snapped. It was all very exciting, but alas, they didn’t have our gloves.

And then on to the little play area, as promised….
At this point, I just sat numbly, holding my little bag of bridal gloves and staring off into space...I was very happy to return home...just in time to whip up some tortillas for Cinco de Mayo Day. Because I'm pretty much Superwoman. (HA!)
Where was my sweet husband during all of this day, you ask? Doing some job searching on the internet...another prayer request for another post....
And after a full and sometimes stressful day like this one, there's nothing like cuddling with the girls upstairs and watching High School Musical for the 28th time to cheer me up.
And in all seriousness, God was teaching me something yet again. When we honestly do cast all of our cares onto Him, He really does take them for us! I am so grateful that he showed His love for me in tangible ways this past Saturday and answered so many of my prayers. Which makes me know that the job situation is also in His Hands...the best place to be!








30 comments:
Tammy,
How wonderful to see in pictures the answers to your prayers!
I will say a prayer for your husband and the job situation
((hugs))
Thanks for truly being real today. Sometimes I think I'm the only one who has discouraging days sometimes. What faith you have. BTW my girls and I love High School Musical. Even my 18 mo old will cuddle with me and watch it.
Hi Tammy,
You day sounds like most of mine. Although this weekend was rather relaxing to a point. Isnt God so good. That is one thing I have learned to do give him my stresses. Sometimes I forget and you post was a good reminder. Will pray for you hubby.
Nikki
I am so glad God cares about all the little things.
I often still have to remind myself to give those "litle things, which to me at the time are sometimes big things" to the Lord. His hands are the capable ones & He loves it when His children turn to him. How great that He brought someone to mind who could help on that sewing need. I'm praying about the job thing & ask your prayers that I will feel well & be able to figure out something to wear to the wedding.
Boy, I would have sat staring into space too! Busy, busy day! But I love how you turned it into a lesson of casting your cares on the Lord!
This was a busy, busy day! It is nice to get through on of these and crash on the couch or in bed! Tomorrow is a new day, yes?
I will keep your hubby and his job search in my prayers!
I really like your get real monday posts. I am glad you turned it all up to prayer though, sometimes I remember that...and sometimes I forget that.....
Dear Tammy, you're so right, often times when we think things will never go right, God makes sure they do! Somtimes it's just simple little things but they sure can stress out a person! lol I will also say a prayer for your husband and his job situation!! xox
Your post brightened my day Tammy. It is so comforting to know the Lord cares about everything in our lives. I think sometimes He's just patiently waiting for us to turn over even the things we think are not important enough to "bother" Him over.
This was a great post!
Sending hugs for Superwoman!
Sending up prayers on her families behalf too!
Tammy,
I love this post! You're right. Little by little your prayers were answered throughout this day. Isn't God good? So glad you shared it all.
Hugs.
:-) Susan
Wow. I hought my day was full. I know what you emean about the little stresses--praying for you all. God is good all the time--even when we have not so great days.
I wish I would remember this more often instead of trying to do it all in my own strength!
Glad you found the gloves. Can't wait to see the dresses.
Our mall has the same play stuff and the girls love to go there - and then to the Dairy Queen, of course!
You and your girls seem to have such a good time together! I think it is great that you took time in all that busyness to race cars and play in the mall.Nice post!
Ahhhh, a day in the life of miracle happenings. I'm glad it ended well for you.
sounds like you had a very eventful Saturday! It's wonderful how God answers prayers!
What a full day. I hope that all ended well when all was said and done. I pray that God helps and directs your hubby with a good job.
your post made me smile.... gloves on little girls. Who'da thunk it.
Reading your post wore me out-can I go back to bed now? *Yawn* I'd say 'I don't know how you do it,' but I do know. They say knowledge is power, but it's always us smarties running around wearing ourselves out! My prayers for your husband...
Of course God cares about EVERY little thing in our lives. I tend to think a lot of times "this is so silly why would I bother God about it?" But He's so loving and caring and such a FAITHFUL God to take care of those little things IF we just ask. I'm glad you did.
Tammy,
I just popped back over to say there is still time to write on the Woman to Woman topic if you want to. I leave the link and post up for a couple days because some people do write later in the day. So join in, if you have time.
What fun and I love the pictures. Prayer does work so I will will do my share as you did over the weekend!
Hello fellow Northwesterner!
Thanks for visiting (and commenting at) my blog!
I enjoyed your post. Goodness, there is little else as stressful as a wedding! It's a million little stresses all combined to make one big one. I'm so happy that you're able to release these cares to the One who can handle them all (and then some). It's amazing to me that our Father takes such loving interest in every detail of our lives. Thank goodness he has all of eternity for each of us.
Thanks again for stopping by and I'll be checking in on you!
~kittyhox
What a day! Stressings and Blessings!
A busy day but a great reminder to cast each and every care on Him, all the small things and He'll take care of it! Neat how that happens!
I haven't seen High School Musical, guess I should.
What an inspiring post, Tammy. I, too, find that when I take the time to share my little stresses with God, my day seems to work out, whether it's as I expected or not. God is so good.
Thanks for the update on the flower girl dresses--I wondered how they would fit once they arrived.
XO,
Jill
I love that you give the glory to God for your blessings! I really liked reading your posts...keep it up because I will be visiting again!
Have you guys watched Jump In yet? It's a nice change from HSM. It stars Corbin Bleu.
Even though your day started out a little stressful, it ended peacefully.
When Funsocksgirl got married last summer, she and I got all our jewelry at Claire's. We knew the Grammies would be mortified that we'd only bought cheap, costume jewelry, but the pieces were beautiful and the price was right. Three cheers for Claire's!!
Post a Comment