
*If you didn't yet read Part 1, be sure to scroll down first.
And now for the "exciting" conclusion...(Kind of reminds you of those special 2-part episodes, like the Brady Bunch camping in the Grand Canyon, doesn't it?)

So, did I leave you shivering with us long enough during the photo shoot?
Well, come along with me now...the photographer just dismissed us to the nice, warm chapel...
As we entered into the very small but cozy chapel in the woods, I decided to have the girls sit with me a bit, instead if waiting by the cold open doors in the back.
After all, I knew they would be having to stand for the whole ceremony, and already stood like troopers in the chilly air for photographs.
(My husband was the designated "videographer" so he wouldn't be sitting with me. He was following the bride and groom around like paparazzi, and later would be up front throughout the ceremony.)

Slowly, the chapel began to fill, as friends and relatives began pouring in...and more and more chairs were quickly being added where ever they could fit. I figured this was my time to usher the girls to the back, give them some last minute advice, and hurry back to my seat before it was snatched away. (After all, it was real seat near the front!)
Minutes later, the ceremony began...
My two lovely teenage nieces as the candle lighters were the first to walk down. Then my nephew, the handsome ring bearer...followed by...



They did such a good job! I was truly proud of them...
Even though my little one promptly sat down upon reaching her destination.
You see, I had told them what the coordinator had said- that if they became really tired, they could sit down... but I thought I had specified "not right away." Oh well.
In typical stage mom form, I caught my oldest's eye and motioned for her to tell Lil Cherub to stand up. My oldest dutifully whispered (when she finally figured out what I was trying to pantomime) and my youngest then complied.
What good girls!
And then, OK- the true "star of the wedding" appeared...

Isn't she beautiful?
Here, in the above picture, they are taking Communion.My husband is to the left, videotaping.
(Oh, if only we had had someone like him at our own wedding twelve years before, where the video cameras never showed up! I know, I know...time to just -deep breath- let it go...) ;)
Truly, it was a beautiful ceremony.
But the highlight came when the nervous groom kept jumping in with "I will" before it was time, followed by lots of giggles in the chapel. At least my sister in law knew he was a very willing groom!
And then...
...The Kiss!And finally....

"May I now introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs..."
The reception was back at the now beautifully decorated Dining Hall, where a feast of Egyptian dishes tantalized our taste buds. Again, we were all a little crowed in for the reception, making it a challenge move once out of our chairs, but it was fun to see all of my new brother in law's Egyptian relatives hugging and mingling with our own.
Our own version of My Big Fat Egyptian Wedding...(so you can imagine the fun when the very next evening we got to watch the original version on TV!)
A friend of the bride and groom gave a heart-warming toast, telling a story many of us didn't know at all. He happened to be patient at the hospital where both of them worked, awaiting a heart transplant. He started to get to know each of them...and then began to think, "Hey, they are each what the other person is looking for!"
So, he was used by the Lord in his huge trial to play Cupid...and the rest was history.
As for me...after the bride and groom smooshed cake at one another, it was my turn, along with a sweet young gal, to help cut and serve it.
But maul it would be the more appropriate term here...
Neither one of us had ever done this before, and the cake- being scrumptious and moist beyond words- turned out to be...well... really moist while attempting to actually cut. We might as well have took turns karate chopping it and the result would have been not all that different.
Here is a glimpse of it before, as the bride gets reading to launch her piece...
And I'll spare you all how it looked after we got done with it. It's just too sad.Yet, in spite of getting off to a rocky start with the car fiasco, the missing shoes, and the shivering bridal party...the wedding turned out to be beautiful, after all.
Even the reception, as well.. I think everyone by then was too tired and hungry to care about how their pieces of cake actually appeared on their plates.
(Of course that rum flavor inside probably helped a lot, too.)
So, as we wave farewell to the happy couple...

I'll know you understand when I say that we all breathed a collective sigh of relief...
My beautiful single sister in law was married at long last.
And all was right with the world.









39 comments:
A beautiful wedding!
Two BEAUTIFFUL flower girls!
A beautifully told story!
WONDERFUL! I hope they'll live happily ever after!
My favorite photo is that last one of Cherub. TeeHee
I have really enjoyed this saga . . . oops! I mean story. Just kidding - beautiful story, beautifully told! Your girls are adorable and you'll have sweet memories for long afterwards!
So beautiful!!! Ok, at my friend's wedding the photographer never showed up, the guy totally forgot about it!!! SO you picture a wedding with no flashes... and worse, people at church some had their cameras but they thought she did not want pictures taken!!!
Gorgeous wedding! And I especially love the last picure.
Sandy
Oh, such a sweet story and your girls looked so cute! I loved their dresses as well as the bride's. And that last pic, adorable.
lol! I love the strike out about your girls being the stars of the wedding. :) True, true to you! (Fifi was a flower girl once, I remember.)
What great pictures to accompany a lovely story, Tammy.
Sounds like a perfectly wonderful ceremony!
I have to agree with the others commenting that the last picture is just priceless.
Great post!
xo
Tammy - you are a gifted storyteller. I thoroughly enjoyed these two posts. Your little ones looked absolutely beautiful. What wonderful memories they will have. I wonder if any wedding goes off without a hitch?
By the way - I'm so glad to know we have some things in common!!
Gosh, it's all just so gorgeous. Really beautiful. Your daughters were PERFECT.
The car fiasco was a bit of a scare (and the lost shoes) and I was really on the edge of my seat. I'm so pleased it all turned out so well. Congratulations to your SIL and her new husband.
Yes, I agree with Linda. You are a gifted storyteller! Hugs.
Wonderful story, beautifully told! I loved all the pictures, thank you for sharing them with us, I don't think you could have picked a better picture to end with:)
Lovely, lovely. I was told once that cutting the cake was the honored position - I mostly think of it as punishment!! Really hard job.
I can't remember the Egyptian connection. Could you point me to where you told that story?
I'm glad you got to go inside - I thought the ceremony was going to be outside in that freezing cold!
The last picture is so great... what a great story.
Beautifully told. I had a bit of trouble with my slow loading computer, but on a second try all of the pictures were there. I'm so glad that their wedding was able to be documented on film. You were also a beautiful bride & had some special momements such as the two candles for his mom & your dad which were Of course almost the same thing happened at my wedding with my brother providing the only picture of you dad & I do to his dad's faulty flashbulbs
Oops something was left out & I should have hit edit before posting it since the post doesn't make sense the way it is written. The two candles were lit to honor your dad & his mom who had passed away which would have been a special picture along with the ceremony. We both lacked pictures of our weddings due to unforseen circumstances, luckily my brother provided the sole picture of mine
what a beautiful wedding! and your girls were too cute - I bet they almost did steal the show :)
How perfectly lovely!! Why did you cross out the line about the two stars of the wedding. Of COURSE they were the stars for a few minutes. Sooooo cute!
Sighhhhh...pass me the tissues please, I always cry at weddings! I'm so glad to hear that after the shaky start you had, everything ended turning out so well! Your two little girls were just adorable and that last picture brought a lump to my throat, so beautiful! Congratulations to the happy couple!! Tell your two girls they did good:-) xoxo
What a beautiful wedding and photos! And of course flower girls and bride!
The bride was beautiful...but the flowers girls were stunning...!
You have every right to be proud of two such lovely young ladies. It looks to have been a perfect day.
Beautiful wedding and I loved the little sleeping flower girl!
OK, that last picture is my favorite. Don't tell the bride :)
Thanks - somehow I missed that. So this was your husband's sister?
Hey, also - I don't see them wearing the cute little gloves anywhere. They could have sure used them in that cold outdoors!
You have shared this so beautifully! I love weddings and your girls look darling!
What a wonderful day!
What a great story teller you are:) It was fun just sitting back and reading.
Sounds like you had lots of fun and your girls did a great job:)
Sounds like a beautiful wedding and I especially loved the last photo! A very fitting end. :) or beginning?
What lovely pictures. She was a beautiful bride. I love the picture when they are taking communion and the light is coming through the window.
The last picture with the tired princess and her rose petal is just precious!!!
The picture at the end is worth a thousand words!
Just perfect and the last photo just sums it up! Thank you for sharing, I hope our daughters wedding on July 21st goes this smoothly. I hope you have a great weekend.
I got the Nixon post up and running finally.
Wonderful story! I must admit I had to go put a sweater on while reading part 1! Brrrrrr...... That last picture is just precious, I love it!
Wow! You all had a great weekend and made some wonderful memories. Your little ones ARE adorable!! And the setting is amazing.
Many hugs to you this weekend.
:-) Susan
Oh my goodness that last picture is priceless.
I have to agree -- the last picture should be matted and framed... and hanging somewhere special.
Thanks for taking us with you to the wedding. What fun (except for the first part)
Beautiful wedding. That pic of your sleeping angel in the car is just adorable.
All's well that ends well. It seems that everything turned out perfectly in the end. The girls were beautiful, the last picture magical.
Oh, that last photo just made me sigh, Tammy. How precious.
What a beautiful wedding. And you know, I don't know why I haven't really thought much about this but Cameron is going to be the ring bearer at Mandy's wedding next month. He's TWO! That should be intresting, don't you think? LOL
Beautiful wedding. Beautiful post and photos. Thank you for sharing it with us.
How Sweet! It makes me want to go to a wedding again soon!
Post a Comment