*Brag alert* *Brag alert*
Before we proceed to my "sort of strange meme", please indulge this mommy a little brag time. I just have to...because...well, I'm a mommy and that's what we do sometimes.
Last week, I mentioned that my youngest was graduating from "Cubbies" in the Awana program...(even though it seems it hasn't been that long at all since she was out of diapers...*sigh*)
This past Wednesday it was my oldest's turn in the spotlight as she graduated from Sparks.
For those of you who may not be familiar- from Sparks on, children go through their club books by memorizing lots of scripture and accomplishing other Bible-related projects. Those little girls and boys really work at those verses, let me tell you!
And for finishing all three books in her two years, my daughter stood up with a few others, and received this special Spark plaque up on stage:

Not everyone accomplishes this goal...so we were more than a little proud of her!And I earned something, too...see that blue piece peeking out? My very own bumper sticker, thank you very much.
"My child earned a Sparks award and I helped."
(You might remember that at the Cubbies awards the week before, my camera batteries died...this time I did one better and completely left my camera at home!
But it didn't bother her- she just gladly posed for me when we got back!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, onto a completely different subject...
Barb recently tagged me for the 7 weird things meme...but honestly, the pressure is on. Because awhile back, I was tagged by someone else for 9 weird things and I think it was Barb who commented that I just wasn't weird enough.
And now I have to think up seven more? Oh, Barb, I just don't think I can do it!
Oh, the pressure!
Actually...how 'bout FIVE. FIVE semi-weird Facts.
I mean, when you're as perfectly normal as I am, it's all you can ask...;)
OK....here goes...
1) When I'm at home, I almost always have to have the TV on to go to sleep by.
No, I'm not that addicted to TV in general (OK, I use to be addicted, but not any more, honest!)
But this habit of falling asleep to the TV I can blame on my dear hubby, who conditioned to me to his acquired habit. We simply set the TV timer and blissfully drift off to dreamland.
If he has gone to bed first (as is often the case, since he wakes up so much earlier than I do) I simply pry the remote from his hand on entering the bedroom (amazing how firm his grip is while sleeping!) and turn it from his Fox News... to HGTV , Turner Classic Movies or maybe a little of The Learning Channel.
Ahhh...so relaxing...
2) I am completely afraid of those huge mosquito things, which I have always called "flying spiders". I remember just losing it as a child whenever one would be in the same room with me. Or am I thinking of two days ago...? Not sure.
All I know is, to this day, if one is in my bedroom when I'm trying to go to sleep, even an old Cary Grant movie isn't going to calm me down unless hubby does away with it.
3) I was the quintessential late bloomer.
I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 21. Didn't start drive until I was 20. Didn't really start to date until I was 18. And of course, didn't get married until I was 32!
Now that we have two daughters, my hubby likes all of the above age limits a lot and think they should be written into our family bi-laws.
4) I don't care for potato chips. No, I really don't. Especially those plain ones without ridges. If they are thick and ridgy, though, and there's some good dip to bury it in, then I'll eat a few at your party.
Otherwise, I'd rather eat the raw broccoli.
And 5)....drum roll, please...
I don't own an ipod!!!
There you have it. Five just-sort-of-strange facts about me. I know they aren't earth-shatteringly weird...nothing for Ripley's Believe it or not. But I'm certainly not going to post pictures of my eleven toes for all the world to see...heehee
And since I'm such a nice gal, I will tag any of you who can't think of seven or nine or 30 totally weird and wacky things -and you, too, can just do just FIVE SEMI-WEIRD FACTS, too!
Now, I'm off because it's way past my bedtime and unless there's a good old movie on, I'll be stuck floating off to dreamland with an infomercial on removing unwanted facial hair.








33 comments:
The fact that you are only semi-wierd is rather endearing I think :) Hey, I don't own an ipod either. So we need a support group?
Hi...my name is Leigh Ann...I don't have an ipod either.
Congrats to your dear daughter! So, what did you end up drifting off to lala land with? :)
Cute pics of your daughter!
I was older than you when I got my ears pierced!
We do a lot of TCM channel around here too. What are those flying spider thingies anyway?
I don't think you're weird at all Tammy!
Cute "weird" post. he he I don't own an Ipod either. Becky start the group!!!!
You need the tv...I need a fan going even in winter...teehee!
Loved reading about you and congrats to you and your daughter!!
:)
1. I don't have or watch a tv (nor do I want one).
2. I don't have a cell phone (nor do I want one).
3. I don't have an ipod (nor do I want one).
4. I absolutely detest the idea of any sort of spa treatment - no massages, tanning booths, manicures, pedicures, facials...ugh! Just the THOUGHT gives me the heebie-jeebies!
5. I can still stand on my head and do backward rolls.
Well great news and congratulations to your daughter for a job well done.
ipod...what's an ipod? Hey don't feel bad, I don't own one either, but they are nice.
Congratulations to your daughter! This is quite an accomplishment.
And as with so many others I don't own an ipod either although I would love to.
Congrats to your daughter, I know you are proud of her too!
I love your weird facts, I like to call them quirks. I don't own an ipod either, but someone gave my husband a brand new Nano Ipod out in Iraq b/c his wife sent him a new one:) I think I've got him talked into sending it home to me:)
Congratulations to your daughter! You have every right to brag!
I'll be joining the "no ipod club" too, although I have all my grandsons Itunes music on my computer...
Does that exclude me??
xo
What?!!!! You don't like potato chips? Now how weird is that!!! :vD
Ssshhh. Don't tell anyone but I don't have an ipod either and what's even worse I don't even desire one.
There now can I tell ya I tagged you on my post today and it has nothing to do with being weird. Honest.
Hey you have Daystar. They have the most beautiful scenes & scripture & music on, but it may be later than you go to bed. Check it out & see. I alway do the same thing, sleep time the tv. I'm not sure what time it is on probably around 11.30 or 12, but I sure love it. Guess maybe that TV gene(from me) along with your husband's husband's vewing choices are to blame.
I forgot to comment on the first part. I'm so proud of my little granddaughters!!! & you & their dad for traing up the child in the scriptural way.
Ok, I don't go to sleep with the tv on, I love potato chips, and I love my iPod. I was not a late bloomer--we just didn't have too much in common in that list!! I enjoyed reading it. Congrats to your daughter.
brag away proud momma - you have every right :) Congrats to your daughter - what an accomplishment!
I don't own an ipod either - don't listen to music enough to justify needing one!
I love your bumper sticker and congratulations to her. Well done!
I still don't think you're weird enough but I have to say, your hubby's idea of putting those late bloomer age restrictions into your family bylaws cracked me up.
Good job. And thanks for playing along. I'm getting ready to post the mother of all posts to catch up with all the tags I haven't had time to do. Seriously, I'm probably going to break my own record for world's longest post but I'm by gosh determined to get them done. LOL
Thanks for stopping by today and for the very sweet comments.
I don't have an ipod - don't want one. I have a really expensive little cell phone which is in the car and is ONLY for dire emergencies. Other than that, I hate the things.
I go to sleep best with the t.v. on as well.
I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 37 - and let them go closed again a few years later because of so much trouble with infections. I tried again a few months ago, but nothing had improved so I took them out again. Sigh.
Ok I own an ipod and never use it... it was my husband's Christmas gift, which I think it was more for him :-) and I need TV to sleep too!
Hey great post! I love all your weird things and can relate to some of them. I LOVE my fan going in my room and when we travel I have to leave the fan on in the bathroom or else I'd have to carry my fan in my suitcase!! I can sleep like a log with the tv on too but I don't need both going at the same time??? I love these little quirks, makes us interesting. Congrats to your daughter!!!! I know personally how much work that is to pass those books! Good job!
Oh, you're funny!
Congratulations to your daughter! That's quite the accomplishment!
I don't have an I-pod either, nor do I want one. ;-)
Thanks for sharing!
It's fun to get to know you a little! :)
Our kids did Awanas for a couple years, too.
Sandy
Tammy, on your list of five things weird about you, guess what. I nearly matched 3 out of 5 of them.
I let TV shows like Three's Company and MASH lull me to sleep at night. Can't seem to do without some TV show on.
When it comes to pierced ears, I was in my 50's before I got mine pierced. My granddaughter went with me as moral support. No, actually, refusing to get my ears pierced when everyone else was doing it was my way of rebelling. I finally caved though.
What's an Ipod anyway? Ha. Guess I don't have one.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. In the comment you left, you said you like nostalgia. Well, I have a brand new nostalgic post up that I expect you will like. :-)
Your #1 is FREAKIN' ME OUT a little. If I didn't know better, I'd say we were married to the same guy.
Early to bed. Early to rise. T.V. on. Sleep timer. TCM, HGTV (what? No FOOD channel?) All his fault. ;)
Let me guess...does yours act like he won't sleep well unless you turn in with him too? lol.
Awwww, congratulations to your daughter for winning such a prestigious award:-) Tell her she did GOOD!! I can just imagine how proud you are:-) I had to giggle when I read about you not being able to fall asleep unless you have the tv on...I'm the exact same way! I put the sleep timer on and away I go! hehe I don't own an ipod either!! xox
:) - Tammy we have a lot in common! No Ipod here, and T.v. is a must at bed time, Fox News sometimes - but History Channel is the usual. ;)
That is awesome the girls are doing so well in Awanas. The pictures are cute - her smile is just awesome.
First of all congratulations to your little one and to you too Mom. Great job!!
Good job on the meme too Tammy. I'm with you on the ipod. Don't have one and probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to work it if I did.
That's a great idea about the tv. It frustrates me no end that I can be falling asleep on the couch watching tv - get up and go to bed - and Shazam! I'm wide awake!!
However - not liking potato chips. Now that is weird:-)
Have a good day Tammy!
I am just like that with the TV - except I have the TV on nearly all the time when I'm at home. I don't watch it...but just have it on for company. I didn't get married until I was 36!
I don't have an ipod either! I have enough trouble with all the technology I have right now. I'm not computer illiterate or afraid of technology--I just have to have a break from it sometimes--And--I want it to always be in working order without me having to deal with it! Dream on!
I don't own an iPod, but I sure want to....
congrats to your girl.
Hugs.
:-) Susan
hey, tammy! missed yah! my tv is always on when i'm home because i can't stand the silence and there's nothing much to do. =)
You don't like potato chips?!
You know how I feel about potato chips! LOL
I don't own an ipod either. I really don't know what they are. Guess we can be weird together!
Oh... And that's a good thing to brag about! Congratulations to your youngest!
Hi Tammy! What fun to read. I was tagged for one of these and just posted my list of 7, but they weren't very weird. At least I didn't think they were...maybe that one about smelling yarn was a little weird.
I enjoyed your list. I, too, am afraid of those huge mosquito things. And while I do own an iPod, I don't have a cell phone, which may be considered weird in some circles. But I don't think so.
I'm impressed that you'd go for broccoli over potato chips. Good for you.
Congratulations to your daughter!
XO,
Jill
Post a Comment