
Thank you to all who stopped by and said hello during my four days of solitude...it certainly helped ease any loneliness in-between my furious cleaning and organizing!
*Edited to add...I almost forgot! This is my 200th post! Be sure to tune in to my next post for a little book giveaway!!!
Just to clarify it all...my husband's twelve (yes, twelve!) siblings have always gone camping each year to the same place on the Oregon coast since they were all kids. Now the spouses and kids go along.
I've gone off and on, but last year was the first time both children went with their daddy without me.
And last year I loved it.
This year...not so much. Oh, it had it's relaxing moments, but I just couldn't get into it as much as I apparently needed to last time!
There was never a happier sight this time than my girls running upstairs Saturday night when they first got home to greet me! My oldest was a bit sun burned and my youngest had a forehead full of bug bites, but never had they looked better to me!
Sunday after church was spent mostly in the act of just plain relaxing with my family. At one point we all crashed on the queen size bed for a rest, since they were all still recovering from surf, sand and long hikes up coastal mountains ranges. (Interesting, how only my husband was the one to fall asleep during our little siesta...something about him having to carry the girls for half the hikes...)
But we all seemed so happy and contented just to rest together and cuddle a bit.
I was glad that, in spite of all their excitement and fun, they all missed me almost as much as I missed them.
But when I saw all their pictures, I was just a tiny bit jealous. So barring a strong desire for aloneness next year at this time, I will probably join them next time around.
Here's a sampling of their adventures...
Conquering a rock with one of their uncles and an aunt standing by.

To the surf? Or the sand?
I giggled when I saw my husband in this hat- where did that come from? But they're both sure cute!
So glad there was a rope railing! But how gorgeous...

And they even got a ride in a motorboat!

They said Saturday was the prettiest day there...and I can so believe it.

And if all this wasn't fun enough, they stopped by Seaside on their way home, known for it's carnival rides and bumper cars.
So needless to say, they all agreed their camping trip was a lot of fun.
And that is why I was completely floored when I asked my five year old what her very favorite thing was during their trip.
Without missing a beat, she sincerely answered,
"Coming home to you, Mommy."
Someone knows how to melt a mom's heart to honey.








29 comments:
What a fun trip they had! It must have been SO wonderful to see your kids come home again!
What a great trip! And what a great reply! Yes, I'm certain their trip was only made more special...by the fact that they would soon return home to their momma!
Sweet...
Glad you ALL had a good time and are now reunited.
Diane
OH, that is so sweet. To think that she didn't even have to consider her answer. Sounds like they NEED you to be there next year. Hold on to that. Some day they won't. Trust me.
What beautiful photos Tammy! I can only imagine how your heart just melted when your daughter said those sweet words! Becky is right you know!
Time does fly by all too quickly. We know these things...
xoxo
Awww, what a Sweetie!
What a beautiful place to camp! I'm not a camper but I would certainly give it a shot with beautiful country like that!
Enjoy your family this week!
Guess You know how much I have been missing all of you lately after that wonderful Saturday in Eugene when we were all together. I melted too when I read what little cherub replied. I would like both of the girls to e-mail me about the camping trip. The pictures are so great. I'm glad they had so much fun. By the way is this your 200th post?
Next year, you will have to join them! I'm so glad they had a great time.
Perfect answer!! I think you should go next year. It looks like a lot of fun. Of course there is something to be said for alone time too. Ah well...just see what next year brings.
Those are wonderful pictures. The girls will be telling you stories for weeks!! That's the fun part - telling and retelling all the adventures.
What a wonderful thing for your little one to say to you!!! I would have just melted on the spot or taken her to Toy * Us for a spending spree! ha! Great pictures and yes I too would be glad that there was a railing there! Tell Hubby nice hat! I bet you'll go next time, it just looks too good to miss!
Oh...coming to Mommy is always the best! : )
I am glad you all enjoyed the time and that you are all together again!
Stay well!
Hugs,
Sue
Oh, I've just melted into a puddle after that last comment from your little one. That's sooooo sweet, and I'm glad they're home safely. The pics are lovely.
Well, I just sat here and read all the posts from the family reunion through this one about your family coming home. Is it late or am I hormonal? I am teary eyed! I think it's just because you are a great writer, who can really convey emotion through your writing. Many of your recent posts made me think about my children growing up, when I was growing up, family ties, late loved ones. I really enjoyed catching up on everything with you. Glad the fam is back and you are among company again. =). Talk to you more soon! I will end my day on this note!
now there's a number one schmoozer on the way up!!! way to go 5 year old!
What a sweet sweet comment that she missed you:) Melted this Mama's heart too!
So glad your family is home and that they had a good time:)
It sounds like they had a good time. A couple of days of quiet time is great, but after that I too, find the time long and lonely.
I'd definitely go with them next year - my goodness, what a beautiful place to camp. Hubby's hat is too cute. He did a great job of getting photos for you.
This was a refreshing breather for all of you - funny how little separations like this make us appreciate each other more. But I'm thinking you'd better plan to go with them next year. It was as plain as could be, how much you missed them. :-)
What a beautiful place! Still, I don't know if I could do another camping trip with my inlaws, no matter where they went.
And what a sweet comment from your little one! Awww!!
Your five year old is wise beyond her years. What a sweet thing to say and you know that was the truth. The pictures are beautiful. I'm glad your family is back home safe with you again.
Looks like they had a wonderful time. And, I really enjoyed reading about your "vacation", too.
Congrats, today is my 200th Post Day too!
How great that his family has that camping trip every year--such a beautiful place.
Your daughter is precious--and knows just the right thing to say!
I know you were so glad to get your arms around them.
I think next year you should forgo the organizing, cleaning, and Lean Cuisine and join the family outdoors!
I'm jealous and thinking of my sister in Disney World right now and enjoying it all without us.
You're daughter's response made missing them all worthwhile.
Growing with Julia
I bet you'll have a great time going with them next year. 12 siblings and they all go camping, wow! But what a fun tradition to have.
And that is just the sweetest thing ever that your daughter said, awww!
that would have melted my heart too - what a great answer! Looks like they had a blast on the camping trip!
I think that camping at the beach would be great! You must go next year!
Awwww! How sweet is that final comment?! I guess you should go next year.
I think I would go too, what a beautiful place to go camping!
That last line just got me. Your babies missed you. Aaaaaaaaw! (sniffle. Dang it, now I'm all misty!)
What a sweetheart your little girl is!
I enjoyed catching up on your vacation--you were quite productive. I especially liked the photos from your childhood.
I'm interested to hear more about your novel.
XO
Post a Comment