Brenda
(This is a book meme, started by a new blogger, Violet Voices.)
Here's my question:
If you could write a novel about any subject, what would it be? (Just the subject - don't give away your plot idea!)
Since I have always, always loved writing this is a topic right up my alley! I actually do sort of have a "novel in the works" but I won't give away that subject. I'll try to think of a new one...
I've got it! Perhaps this would be a snipit...
The woman lay on the warm sands of Waikiki, enjoying the sound of the waves just a few feet away. She thought about this long-awaited honeymoon that she and her husband were finally on, after ten long years. She felt so completely blessed.
Suddenly, she could fight the urge no longer! With quick movements, she was suddenly off of her secure beach towel and walking into the gentle surf. Further...further...did she dare go all the way into the ocean?

Back on the Oregon beaches, she could never be so bold. The water was like ice and the rip tides, cruel and tricky. But here...here, others frolicked in the warm ocean- old and young alike.
The tropical water danced around her legs, beckoning her to venture further. She could not ignore their pleas any longer, and as the gentle waves hit her shoulders, she suddenly felt like a young girl, splashing freely in the waves.
She saw her husband capture the moment with his camera, and saw him grin at seeing this side of her - this side of complete, childlike joy.

I guess I kinda' gave away my plot idea afterall...and the novel would be based on true events! What do you think? Does it have a chance?
I'm supposed to tag 5 others, but am not sure who's already been tagged or not. So I'm going to cheat and tag only 3 ....but the other two will be any of those reading that want to do this!
I tag
Glass Half Full
Callapidder Days
Grandmothersmusings-(my mom)
...and anyone else!








12 comments:
Did you see that I tagged you on Tuesday with the Meme of Fives?
I'm pretty sure Katrina already did the novel one. It's funny. You should read hers (from a week or so ago).
Wow. Lucky you to go somewhere that wonderful on your tenth anniversary. Wow.
Hm well it might take me a little while to get those creative juices going. I'm not the writer you are, so don't expect an immediate response to this tag.
ruth (grandmothersmusings)
Oh, man...I was afriad Katrina got tagged already but didn't see it.
And no, Jennifer, I didn't see I was tagged! I'll go check that out...I got a little behind on my blog reading this week!
I like it Tammy! I always admire people who like to write. I much prefer reading because it's easier. :-)
Good start! As I said, I don't do fiction very well, but love to write what has really happened. If it were autobiographical, but fictionalized, maybe I could do it. Keep going!
OK I have my story idea, but havent thought out the plot as yet, other than it would be a love story which takes place during WW2. I would probably start it during a specific year after the war has already started, & would of course have it involve a separation of the girl from her sweetheart who is in one of the branches of the service. I would tell about different things that were going on at home & also on the war front.
ruth grandmothersmusings
Mom, you know how much I love WW11 romances! That's a good one! Are you going to post it!
Thanks everyone- and Kailani...thank you...but this time, I didn't have to be too imaginative in my writing since it's all true. :)
Yaaaay you! Sounds wonderful. I'd love to read more.
Thanks for tagging me, Tammy! I actually did do this one, but that's okay! Here's the link to mine:
http://callapidderdays.blogspot.com/2006/08/novel-writingive-been-tagged.html
Okay, that didn't work. Let's try:
This
Hi Tammy:-) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting..hope it won't be your last time!!! I've just been reading up on some of your posts and thorougly enjoyed them all! Love all the pictures and how wonderful you were able to celebrate your anniversary in Hawaii:-) Take care!!
Post a Comment