
I tried to duck, but the flying pizza meme hit me right in the face! Brenda
over at Rocking Chairs and Rainbows tagged me for the infamous
Pizza Box meme! Why is called the Pizza box meme? It's a little game that another fellow blogger, Code Yellow Mom
found on the box of pizza!
But, having done three memes now...where exactly did this "meme" word come from? My non-blogging friends keep asking! And I still don't know!
Anyway, these questions are kind of interesting, I thought, so here goes...
What was your favorite thing about being a kid?
I loved playing dolls, Barbies and doll house. Yet, I also loved building bike ramps in the back of the neighborhood with the boys! I was an only child growing up, so playmates and my own imagination were important to me. Oh, and TV.
What was your favorite subject in school?
Reading, reading, reading.
And recess. One winter, the huge puddle on the playground froze over and we all went "skating" on it...with our shoes. And the teachers let us!
Who was your best friend when you were 10?
I was in "best friend" transition that year. In third grade, it was a toss between Kellie McCurdy and Mavis Lamb. (Don't you love those names?) We got to pick electives at our school in third grade and Mavis and I did a dance routine class. I still remember how fun it was, memorizing steps to "Cherokee People" and if I hear that song today, it all brings it back.
If you could be any animal what would you be?
I think any kind of bird would be nice...but an eagle would be the best, I'm sure.
What would you change about your school, occupation, life right now?
That's a hard one. I love so many things about my life...but I'd probably do it with more organization, and with more joy and peace. And I would like to have a couple more close friends in my life...you know, the ones that you can call on the phone on a bad day and just say, "Ahhhh."
What's your favorite color?
Blue
What's your favorite type of crust and favorite topping on a pizza?
Fluffy, not crisp. Sausage, mushroom, olives with extra cheese, please.
Well....I'm just not going to tag anyone. So there! I just don't know who's done this one and who hasn't...but if you would like to do this, please do...and let me know, so I can read your answers!








14 comments:
Tammy, the word "meme" is actually a French word (with a little pointy China hat over the first "e") which means "same." I suppose, although I've not been told this, that it came from the fact that everyone is writing about the same questions.
Your pizza looks yummy. I liked playing Barbies, too, but we had to play outside more often. We also did the bike ramps and "tightrope" walking along the top of the fence.
Thanks for playing along!
I loved playing with my barbies when I was little. I could entertain myself for hours!
Ginger, thank you!
(Now I can tell my friends and they'll think I'm all smart.) ;)
Brenda and Big Mama...too bad we didn't grow up near each other! Hours and hours of fun! :)
Nice looking pie - wish I had a slice right now!
I noticed Ginger in comments defined meme which is great. I'm wondering how it is pronounced exactly. I know I named my meme blog - The Meme Section but I am not 100 percent sure how it is pronounced. Too funny, huh?
Take care and enjoy the holiday,
Frances
Look up "meme" on Wikepedia...it rhymes with team and it's a lot of scientific floof about cultural evolution and something that mutates as it gets passed around. Except when it doesn't get passed around. *sniff. pretending to be offended.* :)
Glad you did this - I love the name Mavis.
I got tagged by this, too. It's a good thing I didn't forward the tag to you!
I got tagged by this, too. It's a good thing I didn't forward the tag to you!
Dear Tammy, thanks for visiting my blog. I'm finding yours very interesting. Your mother is older than my mother, who is Amy's grandmother. We had a whole other generation in there, due to having children at a young age. Still, I never knew my grandmothers. One died at 42 when my mother was just 14 and the other died when I was a baby. They both had cancer.
I read a little of your Mom's blog, too. My mother is the story-teller and writer in our family, but she doesn't want a blog. She has written a couple of books, mainly for the family.
I spent countless hours playing with Barbies and riding bike!
I loved playing Barbies, too. And bikes. And dolls. And school. etc. etc....it was fun to read this.
I was wondering what the word meant. I knew everyone answered the same set of questions.
Ruth
My own interpretation of "meme" is that it's kind of a Me Me thing. So far every meme I've seen asks questions that, when you play along, gives your readers more information about YOU. So ME ME even though it sounds a little vain. But I like them because it really is a nice way to get to know the people you follow better.
And I really like that Code told us how to pronounce it. I was saying it wrong.
This pizza meme has been around! So good for you not tagging anyone. I'm starting to really like the idea of just leaving it open for anyone who wants to do it. Sometimes I think being "tagged" just adds pressure and we're all already huffing and puffing to keep up with our blogs, right?
But back to your post. I love it. Brings back memories. I had Barbie dolls but instead of ever actually "playing" with them, I made clothes for them. My mom let me use her Singer and that's how I learned to sew.
Tammy -
This is Mavis Lamb! I was doing some SEO work on my website and your blog came up with my name - what a hoot!
Email me when you can - I'd love to catch up. Visit my website www.mamboproductions.com
Post a Comment