Friday, September 01, 2006

Chatter from Cherub

Four year olds are pretty facinating, don't you think? So many little thoughts brewing just beneath the surface. Here are just two little scenes from this week:
(Not so much hilarious or earth-shattering, mind you...just those simple "4 year old moments"...)

While the girls are watching the episode of Little House on the Prairie, in an episode where Almonzo finally realizes he's in love with Laura...there is a scene where the two characters are being rather shy and awkward with each other. Will Almonzo declare his love...?

4 yr old Cherub: "Say something, Boy...say something!"


and later, with a giddy voice, clasping her little hands...
"Ohhhh, I think they're gonna kiss!"


(The first phrase simply blew me away- where did this come from? And the second phrase...at four?? Already, is my baby is showing signs of a romantic nature? I'm in deep trouble...)

Then there was the statement just now...
4 yr old Cherub as she sat on potty:
" Mommy, I wish I was a baby again. I just wish I had a diaper to go potty in!" (Yes, sometimes don't we all...)
And minutes later... honestly, it was mere two minutes, tops...she walks back in using a library book for a cane, muttering,
"I'm an old lady...I'm an old lady..."

Hmmmm....wish she'd make up her mind! But then, I think we can all relate, can't we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*And speaking of growing older (sorry Mom!) ...please take a peek at the post my Mom wrote about memories of her mother. She saw my NANA post and then wrote about her personal, first-hand memories. We're talking about the 1930's here...so if you like history, be sure to visit her site from time to time.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

LOL! This one gave me a good laugh. What a cutie!

Paula said...

Too Cute! Makes me smile...

ruth said...

She is so precocious. I thought that was sooo funny.
ruth

ruth said...

Thanks for inviting people to my Blog. I love visitors & visiting some of the blogs of all these other sweet mommies. It relly takes me back to when you were little.
ruth

Jenn said...

LOL. I love the things that kids come up with.

Grafted Branch said...

I love the things kids say at this age. Cute post.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Girlie Girl already chose the boy she's going to marry! She even cornered him on the playground and kissed him! OMG! Needless to say, I had a long talk with her!

Susie said...

Hi Tammy,
Thanks for visiting me again. Your comments are so sweet and I do enjoy writing a bit about the past! (and the present too!) I just read your "Nana" post and found it so fascinating. Now I'm off to visit your Mom! I will be back again! Let's stay in touch. I've "seen" you on many of the sites I visit!
:-)

rena said...

How cute!
Enjoyed your pizza meme as well...and I also would like to know where "meme" came from.
Just got home from vacation and am catching up on visiting my buddies.
Hope you have a wonderful long weekend

Anonymous said...

Your 4-year-old is so cute. It's such a fun age. I never know what my 4-year-old will say next. Sometimes I understand him and am thankful that the other people around us did not. :-)

Big Mama said...

You referenced one of my favorite episodes of Little House ever! Too cute that your daughter was cheering them on.