
I know a lot of us are taking the Labor Day weekend off from Bloggyland...
I am "mostly" taking it off, too... two of the three days for family fun, and today for doing some cleaning and organizing. Which brings me to my next little point, for which I'm interrupting this little mini-break...
We'll be starting school the same day public school starts around here. Bright and early we'll be trudging down the sta-....I mean... skipping merrily down the stairs for our first morning back to official learning on Tuesday morning. (And because we're in the process of turning the tiny extra bedroom into the school room, after breakfast we might just be skipping back up, again!)
Seriously, my girls are probably even more eager to start than I am! They asked to "play school" all last week- an event brought on by the new-used table that their daddy brought home for the school year. I know the novelty of the table started it, but I about fainted when I saw that they were actually doing their old workbooks!!!
And as for my eagerness, I have been praying for the excitment to re-enter my heart for the new school year and for lots of wisdom...and I know He is already beginning to answer my prayer! Having willing students is, after all, half the battle, right?
But what this all means for me, is that I must now wean myself away from the computer quite a bit and begin to switch my focus. I know that I have also been praying for ways to balance things in my life, so in a way, I'm kind of thankful for the reason to not be able to blog quite so much. I know this sounds crazy! Especially since so many of you have become dear friends to me in these past few months, that truly, if it wasn't for the new school year, it would be nearly impossible for me to stop from constantly checking up and replying to each of you on an almost daily basis! (Or should I say bi-hourly basis?)
But I have to give my children- as all you moms will completely understand- top priority. And for that matter, my marriage, also.
So though I will still be around, I'll probably only be posting three times a week (well, give or take a post!) And I'll still be taking a few nights a week to read up on everyone else's blogs as much as I can...but if you don't find a reply from me for a few days, please don't think I'm being anti-social! It's just going to take me a little longer these days to pay all my visits! (But please... keep that coffee warm for me!)
That all said...you can bet I'll be posting - like a lot of you will- on what we did for Labor Day weekend...and how our first week "back to school" goes....and so on, and so on....
In other words- I'll still be here!
So let me finish this little post by getting just a tad mushy. Even though I have yet to meet any of you in person (outside of my family and friends lurking, of course) - I have come to care about so many of you. I pray for your needs, sometimes think about one of you during my day, and feel blessed when you all say encouraging things in your comments to me. Several of you have become friends in the true sense of the word and I just wanted to take this moment at the end of summer to tell you so! And to thank you!
Blessings!
Edited to say, be sure to stop by Boomama's for lots of great links. She's generously showcasing many of our blogs for some favorite posts! Just scroll down to find her post, Labor Day Link Love Extravaganza.








10 comments:
I know what you mean about getting off the computer and switching the focus. We started school last week, so I have been on here a lot less.
I am looking forward to reading more about your school when you have time to share it.
Oh how neat that you will be using that room for a school room. Having a specific room will give the girls more of a feeling of going to school. I can't wait to see it when I come up. I think having littele cherub joining her sister this year will be good too. I of course have done a little grandmotherly bragging about 7 year old girlie's doing so well & how pleased I am at both their accomplishments. A big pat on the back to you & all the other homeschool moms out there.
ruth
Tammy,
You are making your children and their education your top priority, which is just as it should be.
I can never understand bloggers who post daily anyway! I prefer to limit my posts to about three per week.
Good luck in the new school year...
Tammy, hope y'all have a nice weekend and a good back to school week.
Ya, getting back to a normal routine. Have fun with school and your girls!
I'm dealing with much the same thing. Summer break is over and it's time to roll up my sleeves! We've been easing into it the past couple of weeks and things are going well, but like you, I have less "free" time now. Hope you have a great school year!
This blogging addiction can be a problem. I keep the kiddoes half time, and I find myself popping in here way too often to check the status of, not only my cyber friends, but my work e-mails. I must get hold of myself!
You certainly have plenty of opportunity for great conversations since you home school. I wish you a very good year of teaching and learning. I know in my heart that I could never have done a good job of teaching my own kids, even though I have a degree in elementary ed!
Well I personally love it when you get all mushy Tammy. You expressed what a lot of us feel and don't know how to say.
You know what? I see all throughout bloggityville on a daily basis women struggling to find balance in all this. It really is the only difficult thing about blogging. All the rest is wonderful.
But of course your children and husband come first. There are people out here who only post a couple of times a month and instead of wondering why, my thought is, "She's got her life in balance. She knows her priorities."
You're in my bloglines. I'll know when you do a post. And I'll be here.
I have enjoyed the return to "schedule" since we started up school again. We seem to be enjoying our time more now that we have something substantial to do during the day!
I look forward to checking in with you just 3 times per week!
I empathize/understand exactly what you were going through when you wrote this...writing has always tugged me probably more strongly than it should, and all summer I was halfway dreading the beginning of the school year. God has been so gracious though, He's filled me with happiness and contentment every day as the girls and I sit down to do school. What a gift, and I worried for nothing. I've added you to my blogroll, because I've thoroughly enjoyed many of your posts and plan on returning often!
Mary from http://homesteepedhope.wordpress.com
(Blogger wasn't loading up so I knew this would post me as anonymous!)
Post a Comment