Monday, January 22, 2007

5 things...

Susanne and Apple both tagged me for this one..

5 THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ME
(and maybe I should add, but were afraid to ask...)

I think this is a stretch for some of us, since our lives are so "out there" in this bloggyworld...but I'm going to try!

1) Although I've never been one to sing a lot in public, my two close friends and I once sang at another friend's outdoor wedding. We were all a bit shy, so we staged ourselves behind and to the side, rather than up front. We practiced and practiced our 3-part harmony, and I have to say we sounded pretty good! Oh- and the song was "Morning Has Broken". I was 19.

2) Because my first pet (when I was two) was a crazy cat who loved to chase me every morning, I have never wanted to own a cat since. I have had many friends who are cat-lovers, and I can appreciate them...just not in my house.

3) My husband and I had to get married "twice"... He was in the Navy and we were planning our wedding when suddenly we found out that he would be getting orders to Japan. If we weren't married by a certain date, he'd be sent off without me! So I flew down to Tennessee and we were married....(but I didn't consider myself truly married until our wedding three months later!) And wouldn't you know it- when they found out we were married, they changed the orders to a less expensive place- Virginia. (So much for my Japanese language class I was taking!)

4) If television only had three channels- HGTV, Turner Classic Movies, and TVLand (when they use to show more of the true classic TV shows) I would pretty much be a happy camper. Just toss in a modern chick flick on the side and then - perfection! My husband and good friends always tell me I was born too late...I just love nostaligia!

5) And to end on a completely dignified note....At around age 7 and 8, my friends and I would sit around listening to all of our little records...mostly The Partridge Family.
I can still sing, on request, most of thier songs. Funny, how no one ever requests it.
I still remember my fellow 2nd grade classmate on top of the monkey bars, including some boys, belting out "I think I love you"- that big hit of 1971! (And here you thought it was something by the Beatles!)

And since no one I know in person begs me to sing Partridge Family classics, you all will be the lucky ones. (Clearing throat) Ok...ready?

"I woke up in love this morning, I woke up in LOVE this morning...went to sleep with you on my mind..." I know. They just don't write lyrics like that anymore! ;)

*Edited to add, I forgot to say this was an open tag! So if you haven't done this one already and want to, just let me know and I'll come visit!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I catch "I Think I Love You" I sing my heart out!!! :)

And about cats -- not a fan of felines. HEE HEE

Barb said...

Imagine that, Tammy. People aren't lining up to hear old Partridge Family songs? I Think I Love You is a great song!

Anonymous said...

Fun one Tammy!
Hubby watches TCM all the time and I watch HGTV so we have you mostly covered. Don't think I watched Partridge Family much but I do remember the music, I hear I Think I Love You a lot at times!

Anonymous said...

My hubby was a big Partrigde Family fan--well he was a Lori fan--and he remembers all the songs too. I liked Brady Bunch better but they only had one song, "A Sunshiny Day" which is really irritating and not worth singing!

Anonymous said...

My three channels would be the same as yours - I love old films!

Anonymous said...

I wore out the Partridge Family Albums! And Hey, Constantine, a couple American Idols ago sang a Partridge Family song and I think it was I think I love you.

I would add Food Channel, the USA version, not the Canadian version, to your list and then I'd be happy too!

someone else said...

Oh, I used to watch the Partridge Family faithfully. It was such a hoot!

I'm with you on the cable TV channels. HGTV, TCM and the Food Network would make me happy. Since we can't pick and choose ONLY the ones we want, we don't have cable at all. It would be nice if it could be completely ala carte.

Tammy said...

You know, I almost added The Food Network to my list- I do watch that one, too! :)

Randi, too funny... About Brady Bunch...Sushiny Day was annoying, huh? But let's not forget "When it's time to change, then it's time to Chaa-aa-aa-aange" featuring Peter's voice changing solo.
It's very sad, when I suddenly can't get this little diddly out of my head! ;)

Big Mama said...

Don't let anyone ever make you feel like the Partridge Family songs aren't classics. They are. Be proud.

Anonymous said...

Virginia, when you were looking forward to Japan :-(

I don't have cable TV anymore. Thought I'd really miss it but I don't.

Linda said...

You did a fantastic job. I agree 100% about the tv channels. I'm old enough to remember when that was regulare tv fare - ah the good old days. I always like the Partridge Family too.
Thanks for your sweet comment.
Have a great day Tammy.

Michelle said...

we also got married twice. The first time was because we thought the military would ammend his orders to include me and then move me to where he was already stationed (found out later that I had to be on his orders BEFORE he actually had PCSd there) oh well- we had a 2nd ceremony with our family and friends.

Carole Burant said...

Believe it or not, I still have the single of "I Think I Love You"! lol I was such a faithful Partridge Family fan, loved their show and their music. David Cassidy...sighhhhh! hehe So enjoyed knowing these 5 things about you, Tammy!! Hugs xox

Dawn said...

I love old shows, but mine go a bit farther back - I really don't like going back to partridges or bradys. They seemed better the first time! My husband is always watching things to broaden his mind, while I'm up falling asleep on nostalgia.

Grafted Branch said...

We love old movies, too! I'm not as informed on them as you...but I'll bet my Husband could hold his own in a conversation with you. :)

I think I saw your other blog mention "Friendly Persuasion" shortly after I had seen it for the first time. My daughter and I really enjoyed it.

Pamela said...

Awe, Tammy, I think I love you! :) This was so sweet! I love that you got married twice. Probably a blessing that you didn't have to continue the Japanese lessons! Sounds hard! :)

So nice that you three girls sang at your friends wedding given that you weren't that comfortable. Very thoughtful! :)

Ok, so is the kid that played Danny the guy behind the curtain of Deal or No Deal? I don't watch the show but my hubby does.

Anonymous said...

What?! No Bobby Sherman?!

Julie, Julie, Julie do ya love me?

LOVED learning more about you! :o)