
Concerning the current bloggiland award thing going on...here's my take on why my little blog wasn't nominated:
(And please, please take this in the spirit of humor it is meant, you all...
and while you're at it, please pass me those grapes...you know, those big ole sour ones...) ;)
Reason #1: There was no category for the blog who has clung stubbornly to the simple, mundane, boring design look.
Reason #2: There was no category for the "most eclectic and hard to define style that jumped from serious, to light humor, to conversational at the drop of a hat" blog.
(Probably because mine would be such a shoe-in that it wouldn't be fair to the rest of you...)
Reason #3: I did not participate in enough WFMW posts, except to shamelessly snatch up all the wonderful advice for my own selfish needs. (Word got around.)
Reason #4: I never read all of my promised books on my Fall into Reading list.

And the #5 Reason I wasn't nominated in any category.....
So I could identify with all those bigtime movie stars that got passed over during the Academy Awards. (Think... Cary Grant!)
In all seriousness, I want to say congratulations to all of my friends (and I do count some of you as dear friends) who were nominated! I honestly think each and every one of you deserve it completely!
And...hmmm.... these grapes need some sugar...








22 comments:
You are funny! I love your blog--so warm and inviting over here.
I happen to be watching a Cary Grant movie right now--arsenic and old lace! Well, I am half watching and half blogging! ;)
Funny. Sour grapes and all.
I crown you the Susan Lucci of blogland. She did get her Emmy, you know.
:>))
You crack me up because Monday I was choosing nominations for the Hidden Treasure Awards
http://www.everydaymommy.net/everyday-mommy/2007/2/7/hidden-treasure-blog-award-nominations-now-open.html
And I chose your post
http://familydoins.blogspot.com/2007/01/tucked-in.html
for the faith catergory!
So technically you HAVE been nominated!
http://familydoins.blogspot.com/2007/01/tucked-in.html
You are cracking me up. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't finish my Fall Reading Challenge.
Ahhh, kilikiani....you're so sweet, and I feel so honored about that!
And Melanie...love that...I'll take that crown! ;)
You're so funny! And I'm reading that you had a specific post nominated at the Hidden Treasures Award. So a big hearty congrats on that.
And blog land award/nomination or not, I come read here because you share from your heart!
Now Tammy....LOL you had me laughing so much, I could just picture you saying all those things on stage!! hehe I think everyone should have been nominated and should win because you all have such wonderful blogs and I always feel so welcome when I come visit you:-) Hugs xox
You are too funny! I loved your reason #2!
Congrats on your post being nominated for the Hidden Treasure award!
I can think of four or five of us that would have given you a run for your money in your 2nd category! LOL
Congrats on your post being nominated and good luck to all!
I love this! If it weren't for my daughter, I'm sure I wouldn't have been nominated!
You're in good company :-)
I'm glad I found your blog again, and this post is hilarious! I love your down-to-earth take on things, and the old movie talk too.
Hi Tammy,
Goodness I've tried several times to comment, but blogger was just being plain disagreeable today!
Your wonderful spirit and happy uplifiting posts are certainly deserving of an award!
I look forward to every visit!
hugs!!
I LOVE your blog! *Smile*
Pass me some grapes... There weren't any awards for most deletions of blogs either! *LOL*
You are too funny!
I love your blog Tammy.
And I just saw someone mention you do have a post nominated, way to go!
So many were nominated I seriously thought everyone was! I loved your tongue-in-cheek take on your lack of nomination. I love spending time here and appreciate all the visits you make to my place. xoox
Tammy, Very nice tongue-in-cheek post. If there were a category for that you would take top prize! LOL
My blog is like yours--topics all over the place. I say it makes us...unpredictable. and I just the other day got my new look; I blogged over a year before doing anything. I'm enjoying your posts!
I'm so glad you wrote this one...I guess I'll leave it at that as I find myself in the same boat.
It was cute and funny and very creative.
Have a great weekend.
If I had gotten around to nominating anyone I would hav enominated you, for something. ;P I was feeling sour grapes too, in fact I refused to try to get votes, because I got moniated for Best Commentor and I know that first, what does that mean, second, there were a lot more great commentors--I am sure, especially since I have been so busy that I have barely had a chance to use my computer for anything other than work (how does 7 blogs to design and redesign n one week sound. Good thing I messed my knee up or all that housework would get in the way. :)) So instead of gettng my hopes up I went and worked. :) I think you deserve a ton of rewards, you are certainly one of my favorites!
You forgot a good one: there is no award for the nicest blogger with the most procrastination-prone readers.
Missed the deadline completely! I. am. so. sorry.
I would have liked to see you in the "Most Like to Meet" category. I think our girls would have a blast, and we'd be fast friends.
:)
You may not have one an award, but you get way more comments on your blog than I do!
I wrote a post on the blogging awards a while back and I think I've been delivered from those sour grapes!
Until the next contest, of course!
Post a Comment