Saturday, January 27, 2007

Archiving we will go...

Well, I did it! I switched over and survived "the change". No, not the one I referred to in my last post...but the "New Blogger" version...which so far, turned most of my commentors into annonomous and gave me a headache trying to reply tonight. So...it gets better, right?

I saw this at Barb's and thought it looked like a fun way to try out my new version...



The object is to archive our posts to come up with something to fit into each catagory. So here goes...

Funny
In the heat of the moment- and the summer- I typed out this little experience...
Yard Sales and Marriage- like Oil and Water

Serious

Last summer, I posted about something that God was teaching me, first hand...

Reluctant Instrument

and the Ugly...

Well...more like just disgusting...I guess it could have been put in the "funny" catagory, but I think Ugly suits it best, don't you?

Breakfast Time

And then there's the
All About Me

Really, this is hard, without going to the 100th post edition. But I after searching around (and given that's now midnight) all I could find is:

The Flying Pizza Meme
(Perhaps there were more meaningful hidden in the archives somewhere, but at least this gives a glimpse of me!)

This was a fun meme to do, actually...it just took some work. But it's amazing when you start to see all of the posts you've created over time...and to begin to actually visit a few again.
So, I tag each and every one of you who wants to do this one!
In the meantime, I'm going to try to catch up with many of you tomorrow.
Nighty-night!

19 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you made it through the change without losing your mind! *Wink*

Barb said...

It's fun to call this switchover "surviving the change" isn't it? Diane over at Diane's Place started it in an email to me and I'm seeing it everywhere. The new blogger definitely gets moody, especially with all our old comments. I know at first, if you switched, comments just disappeared but came back later. So maybe people's links will come back. It's weird to have anonymous comments lined up like ttat.

It's just too early in the day to read your breakfast post. I did read it but....gag. I wonder what was really floating in her juice because it seriously couldn't have been what she thought it was. :-)

I thought this meme was fun. I wasn't sure I could do it because I'd just cleaned house and deleted over 200 posts but it was fun going through my posts that survived the frenzy and finding the right ones for the categories. You did a great job with this one.

Susie said...

Hi Tammy!
It was fun reading back over some of those older posts that you did before I started visiting you! Glad you survived the change. Tons of people did it yesterday and bloglines looks like there are literally hundreds of unread posts!
(not true, but it doesn't know any better!)
hugs!

TJ said...

I'm glad you got switched over and hope you get to feeling better about it...enjoyed your meme!
:-D

Carole Burant said...

I also "survived the change" a couple of days ago! lol I think all the "anonymous" will come back once these people switch to the new blogger? At least I'm hoping so! I saw this meme at Barb's and have it in Draft but haven't quite finished with it yet...as you said, it's fun going into your archives and reading posts you had forgotten about:-) Loved yours!!

Beck said...

Great post! Switching your blog over is kind of scary, eh?

Mississippi Girl said...

Very cute post... and great reads. Glad you made the "change" teehee!
Jennifer R.

Dawn said...

Congrats on making the change! And blessings on you as you go through the other one. Not so much fun.

Thanks for your kind comment on my post yesterday. I finally finished my 100 this evening.

Have a great week!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

The yard sales and water is one of my favs. I have to figure out what labels I want to use to archive mine, too. This new blogger is turning out to be pretty user friendly after all.

Kristen said...

Seems like a lot of people are having that problem when switching over. I haven't had that problem though. That's wierd.

I might do that archiving thing for my blogaversary in a couple of weeks. Sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the Breakfast Time.

I once told my 3-year old that, as a little kid, I once took a picture of my booger. He told my wife about it and urged her to give me time-out.

Have a great week ahead.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Cheryl said...

Was it like changing a diaper?

Randi said...

You could try using Haloscan commenting. The install is easy:

http://www.haloscan.com/

Best of luck!

Tammy said...

The replying is working now...yay! :)
I think it's all falling into place and I'm finding my way around it...

And no, Yellow Mama...it wasn't quite like changing a diaper! LOL

Michelle said...

Glad you were able to survive the switch-over; that would irritate me to have all those comments turned into anon though - guess that's why I'm hesitating about making the switch! Enjoyed reading some of your older posts through this meme though!

Linda said...

These Blast from the Past posts have been great. I hadn't discovered your blog then - so it was fun to read these. You do such a good job writing them.

Laurie said...

Just flying by...I'll come back later and read the posts you've blasted back from the past. Have a great day.

Pamela said...

Tammy, I got such a kick out of reading your post about the garage sale. The conflicting feelings you and your sweet hubby were having. Seemed so real and perfectly like American humor to me, maybe even a Norman Rockwell. lol

However, upon reading the story about the little girl that God placed in your care and how thoughtfully you embraced her giving her the bible story. I just melted.

What a blessing to have touched a life and sent her on her way lighting the flame that one day may be the torch she holds for God!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Glad you survived the change, it can be very traumatic.
Hope you are doing well, and having a great week.
Take care, Meow