Now, to change to more...well, I guess this post could also be considered "fluffy"....and also white.
Do you remember my post a few days back concerning the excitement over a few little flakes of snow? Well, yesterday morning we all awoke to a completely glorious winter wonderland! It even took weather forcasters by surprise!

Giant snowflakes floated daintily through the air and we felt as though we were in a snow globe. It was beautiful.
We took advantage of it all as best we could, since this kind of snow happens once a year if we're blessed...but ususally more like every two or three years. Even though we're considered "north", or snow just doesn't tend to stay on the ground more than a few hours.
So we played...came in and got warm...did some school work....and played some more.

The girls tried making snow angels.


And then, Mandy the wild pup got into the act...
It was her first snow, and she could simply not get enough of the white stuff to suit her!

Later, my hubby came home a bit early, and he and I ended up in the best snowball fight we've ever had. But I do think it was cheating a bit when he threw is giant clumps at me from the snow shovel.
Later, he pulled the girls in little tobaggons....before pulling out some old skis he had found at a yard sale and had never used...and talking me into putting them on!

My very first time on skis!!! (Yes, you read that correctly!)
Notice that by now, it is twilight time and the streets took on a magical feel.
I was very proud of myself strutting around on my skis... until a few minutes after this shot was taken, I gracefully and in slow-motion, toppled over sideways.
I had fallen and I couldn't get up.
Fortunately, I didn't injure anything except my dignity, since half the neighborhood was also out playing in the snow!
I ended up ordering hubby to please just take off my skis and unhook me...while Lil Cherub bent over me in my precarious position and asked in serious tones,
"Mommy, did you get tired?"
To top if off, our friends that I mentioned that would take Mandy if we gave her up, took her for a "sleep over". They want to make sure their dogs would be OK with her, and also give us a little break. And as fun as it was watching her frolic in the snow yesterday, it's also pretty relaxing not to jump up from my computer every few seconds to take a shoe out of her mouth!
All in all, it was an incredible day.
********************************************
A side note: To those of you in bloggyville, it was amazing to see how everyone pulled together for a fellow blogger yesterday. The donations and prayers pouring out to that mother who desparetly needs a kidney transplant is so incredible. I think we're all still feeling the effects of this... let's continue to pray for Kelli and her family.








26 comments:
LOVE the description of feeling like you were living in a snowglobe! We actually got about an inch yesterday. The most snow we have had ALL winter! Definitely not normal for us. The pictures of the girls making snow angels is adorable! Was that what you were doing after you fell over? *TeeHee*
How did Mandy's sleep over go?
(Praying for Kelli!)
We woke up to that lovely fluffy snow of which you speak. The kind we always hope for for Christmas Eve but haven't had for ever. The kids are going to love it today. We'll be out later with the dayhome kids.
Snow! So much fun! It's much, much too cold to play outside in ours, but I hope that it warms up enough that we get to make snow angels just like your girls.
What a nice snow you had...better than ice, huh? I wish we would have a least one good snow and then lets turn to spring...we are having very unusual weather in Ohio...but today it's cold...brrrr!!
:-D
I am seeing a common theme in today's posts: SNOW!
I haven't ventured out at all, not even to the mailbox. My paper boy's footprints line the walkway to the door. They're so nice to put it inside between the front door & the screen door. We only had a couple of inches but it looks a bit icy. I loved hearing about the snow play, & those skies. LOL Sounds like you all had a fun day.
ruth
I usually feel that way about snow, but after the winter we've had, I'm ready to see some clear streets and some sunshine...maybe a degree or two above 10....
It looks like you guys had a great time in the snow.
We had rain last night! Today we have sun and a very balmy 53ยบ! I don't think we've been this warm in a couple weeks!
Love your snow pictures, but I was more than ready for it to warm up a bit here!!
hugs!!
PS I also found it amazing what we, as a blogging community, pulled together to do for Kelli!
We get snow 5 months of the year usually around here so I've forgotten how enjoyable it can be for someone who's not used to it! lol Hey, you did well to even stay up for a minute on those skis! hehe I use to go cross country skiing all the time years ago but haven't in the last few years. Love all the pictures, the girls and dog seem to be having a great time:-) Hugs xox
Oh the snow does look beautiful! Looks like everyone had a fun time playing out in the snow!
How beautiful! We haven't had snow here yet :( If we ever do get some, I might try out my skis on our "bunny slope." But most likely I will fall over, too.
by the way, i really like high school musical, too! even my husband thought it was good.:)
We got a few flakes, and I do emphasize a FEW flakes. I love the snow as long as I don't have to go anywhere.
Now, all you have to do is take those skis and head to the mountains!
Loved the shot going down the street on the skis! CLASSIC! ~ jb///
We used to live up north. I loved the snow when I was a kid. It was such fun to look at your pictures and remember those times. I wouldn't mind one snow, but then I want it to hurry up and get back up in the 60's again. I've gotten totally spoiled.
Beautiful pictures! Wish I could play in the snow with you guys!
Fun, fun, fun. I have cross-country skied a few times in Wisconsin and I always ended up falling over...and not very gracefully at that. I had more fun falling over while swooshing down the bunny hills. We're still awaiting a good snow here in SE MO.
Great pictures!
FUN! My first time on skis I was pregnant with child #3, Luke. What a blast you all had/ are having.
Hugs!
Fun snow pictures! I have never been on skis before, but I have been on a snowboard which left me mostly laying on the snow covered ground! ;)
The Long Winter! ;o)
Lisa, I had to do a double-take on your last reply...until I realized you were answering my question about the title of the Little House book from you post! :D Thanks...
My kids would love this. Here when it snows up in the Ceres mountains there are 3 hour traffic jams between there and Cape Town as everyone tries to get their kids to see the snow!
Looks like lots of fun!
It finally got cold here in the deep South but no snow in MS.
I must need to brush up on my geography, Tammy. I'm totally surprised that snow like this is rare in Oregon. What a surprise that is.
I have no idea how everyone gets these great photos where the falling snowflakes actually show up. You should see my pathetic attempts.
Just seeing you on those skis made me shudder. I live in ski country and I've been on skis exactly two times in my whole life, which exactly two times too many. I can't stand the feeling of not having my feet firmly planted on the ground. And I can't stand to be cold either, so skiing obviously isn't my thing.
Of course, neither is roller skating or riding a bicycle or anything that gets between my feet and the ground. :-)
These are great photos and it's pretty obvious that you all just enjoy the heck out of snow. I still can't believe you don't get more of it there.
I hate snow! Maybe I'd like it more if we didn't get so much of it. 10" between 5am & 5pm today. If you run out I'd love to send you some :)
Post a Comment