Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Rare Sunrise

I took this picture of a sunrise last week, on Groundhog's Day...and what makes it even more astounding is that I was actually up early enough to capture it! (Yes, dear husband...that's a sunrise and not set!)
You see, I have never been a morning person, and since we homeschool and are not rushing around before dawn, there hasn't been the need.
I just happened to wake up early that morning...and what a blessing to see the sun rising with almost a thundering intensity to greet me!

Tomorrow will probably not showcase a spectacular sunrise for me...for one thing, I am up way too late tonight! (Good thing our homeschool schedule isn't geared for earlybirds...)
And another thing, our weather today was that drizzly cold so common in the northwest during winter...you know, that "wet" cold that seems to seep through your coat, past your sweater and into your bones!)
But I can't complain...Sunday was sunny and so warm that robins were singing! (Too bad most everyone was holed up watching some sort of football game...) ;)

So, because I'm up until midnight for yet the second night in a row, this will be very short and sweet.

And because it's times like tomorrow when I have to go to the store and buy boxes of Valentines (for the homeschool group party on Friday) and help address 30 or so of them for each of my children, that I'm thankful I am not the mom in the Duggar family.
(Makes my fingers hurt at the very thought!)

A Happy Thursday to you all!

24 comments:

Beck said...

Since the Duggars are homeschoolers, they probably only have to address valentine's to each other. I'm watching the sun rise RIGHT now, from my computer desk!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

That is a very beautiful picture. I get to see the sunrise almost everyday but rarely is it spectacular. When it is it just takes your breath away.

Susie said...

What a beautiful way to start the day!
So glad you captured this sunrise so we could enjoy it too!
I remember those days of addressing Valentines. Fun memories!!
hugs!!

Tammy said...

We homeschool, though, Beck...I wonder if the Duggars feel the need to belong to homeschool group like we do with all those kids? Hmmm....

Jana said...

Thankfully, my homeschool group is not exchanging Valentines.

I can't remember the last time I saw a sunrise! I'm definitely a night person.

Susanne said...

Gorgeous picture!

I always started the valentines a couple weeks early and let them do a few a day. That way it wasn't overwhelming for the kids to do themselves and I didn't wear out my fingers doing that many of them the night before they were due.

I'm so glad my kid's are out of the valentine giving to everyone in the class age.

Nancy said...

The sunrise is beautiful and one of God's richest blessings. I am so glad you were up to enjoy it! Have a great day!

Carole Burant said...

Such a breathtaking picture!! I've always been a morning person, no matter what time I go to bed...don't know why, I guess my inner alarm clock doesn't know how to let me sleep in! lol I actually miss the times spent on Valentine cards when my boys were little...I keep telling them they're no fun anymore! lol Hugs xoxo

Cheryl said...

What an absolutely beautiful sunRISE! There are mornings when I go to the grocery store before going to work..about the time the sun rises that my breath is just about taken away at the creativity of our Father. He's very good at painting skies! Blessings!

someone else said...

Ahhhh, what a beautiful sunrise! I'm so glad you were able to start your day with it.

Pamela said...

Your sunrise is breathtaking! It is so nice that you were able to enjoy the birds singing on Sunday. Soon, that cold weather will pass and it will be Spring for you all! So wonderful that you home school, and that does sound like an awful lot of writing! Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! And I don't like addressing envelopes either....ugh...

Lisa said...

Beautiful sunrise! *Smile*

gail@more than a song said...

What a beautiful picture! Glad you got to see it and thanks for sharing it. I don't always see the sunrise either.

Michelle said...

what a beautiful sunrise you have captured! I'm not a morning person either!

Kim said...

What a beautiful picture. I'm not a morning person either, but I am diligently trying to reset my internal clock. I don't know if it will work or not. LOL

Thanks for visiting today.

Anonymous said...

Another vote for non morning person here!! I love sunrises, but I rarely see one, usually if we are traveling through the night and I am on early morning driving duty.

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous sunrise!!

Dawn said...

P.S. Believe it or not, I'm already at my desk and miss the sunrise altogether during the week! Can't wait till it hits my eyes on the way to work.

Linda said...

A glorious sunrise. I don't see them often either. One of the perks of an empty nest is being able to sleep in a bit. However, I think it is worth getting up early on occassion to see something that beautiful. Thanks for sharing your sunrise.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Beautiful sunrise! Thanks for sharing. I would probably be the one to capture the sunSET. :>)

Kristen said...

What a gorgeous picture!!

Go to bed, young lady! :-)

Don't you just love addressing valentine's day cards?? Ugh.

Barb said...

That's just a spectacular photo, Tammy. I've always thought that one of the benefits of home schooling is that you can set your own schedule. It's great that you can stay up late if you want or get up early when you feel like it.

Beautiful photo.

And just reading this brings back my home-room mother memories (I didn't home school) and Valentine's Day preparations was lots and lots of hours for one hour of fun for the kids. It was worth it but I'm telling you, there are definitely some advantages to moving along into grandmother status! :-)

Laurie said...

That is a beautiful picture. I am glad you happened to be up to catch. it. I love looking out my front window and catching the sunrise. We have great views of both sunrises and sunsets from our little spot here. Hope you had fun with the Valentines!