Thursday, February 22, 2007

Praying for Amy...


My tone is turning now from the crazy to the sublime...and so very heartbreaking.
I feel such a heaviness for someone right now...someone I don't even know.

I've never displayed her button in my sidebar like so many of you.
But when I read the news in several other blogs that the doctors have deemed her medical condition terminal and that there seems to be no hope in sight after running the course of so many treatments....my heart just broke.
She is a young wife and mommy...and just reading her post filled with honest mourning but grace and faith reduced me to tears.
Her name is Amy.

Most of you who blog already know about this. And our coorperate hearts are breaking right now. Please pray for her as you never have before.

I believe that when all hope is gone...that He becomes our Hope.
I believe that yes, God still heals and does the miraculous. Please pray for this.
I believe that God's mercy never fails and that He can give peace that passes understanding. Please pray for this to enfold not only Amy, but her entire family, who are hurting and perhaps, a little afraid.

"Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ." ~ Galations 1:3

14 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

I've commited to praying for her and commented on her blog. Thanks for spotlighting her!

Susie said...

Hi Tammy,
I haven't displayed her button either, but like you have seen her mentioned on several of the blogs I visit.
My prayers are with Amy and her family. Bless you for helping to let everyone know about the latest change in her condition.
((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I am about to post about her too, I was in tears reading her post last night.

Linda said...

You've put it so beautifully Tammy. I've been praying for her for a long time too. These things go beyond our understanding. I only know to keep praying.

Pamela said...

Amy and her family will continue to have my love and prayers. She has such a sweet loving husband and it truly is like you said "the hope becomes Him". Bearing one another's burdens lends so much gratifying support to hold onto! Thank you for your heartfelt post! :)

Kristen said...

Somehow I had not heard of her, but have seen this all over the place today. I stopped by her blog and will definitely be praying for her. It is very heartbreaking!

Kim said...

It is so kind of you to post this on your blog, Tammy. I commented on her blog last night and am praying for her. She has such amazing faith.

Girl Raised in the South said...

I've been praying for her and her sweet family all day long. xoxo

Carole Burant said...

Like you, I had seen her button on many blogs but didn't know what it was about...until a few days ago when I finally decided to go read her blog. I cried like I haven't cried in years...her story is one where you say "life just isn't fair at times" but you never see her saying anything like that. Here is this young mother getting ready to say goodbye to her loved ones and yet she never complains. xoxo

deedee said...

I've just recently read about Amy, and my heart breaks, too. She will go to heaven, but the ones she'll leave behind will suffer, I will pray for them all.

ruth said...

I'll add her to my prayer list & read her blog when I have a chance. If you mentioned her by name before, I missed it or would have been praying for her all along.

Lisa said...

~ Praying! ~

Anonymous said...

I am praying for Amy too. I was very saddened to find out their bad news after things were looking up. God is obviously using Amy to encourage people to look to Him in all circumstances--at all times. He is the answer.

Laurie said...

Amy is having some of her work done at the same hospital my mother is at. I will be praying for her and her family.